Contribute
Register

Clean Install on Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Guys, I have a problem .

So far I have tested the installation of Yosemite with UniBeast and Multibeast by using a SATA hard drive and have not had any problems.

Today, after getting the final configuration , I tried to install on my SSD Hard Drive but unfortunately is not recognized during installation (does not appear among the available hard drives ) . With the Mavericks have never had such problems

How can I do?

Meanwhile, I cloned from SATA hard drive to the SSD and it works, but I'd like to be able to install directly on SSD Hard Drive .

Help me

thanks

You have a guide to install Clover to this board? I am having a bugger of a time getting it to work.

I second the motion. I have this exact board and using the UEFI U1L. When I try to install Yosemite using Clover, I get this when booting into the install USB:

IMG_1540.jpg

Happy New Year? Seriously?

I don't get it guys. Yosemite works like a charm on this mainboard. UEFI + Clover + some kext.

I don't get it guys. Yosemite works like a charm on this mainboard. UEFI + Clover + some kext.

Good to know! What guide did you use for installing? A link or two would definitely help.

try with google searching for those words: tonymac clover maverics yosemite

try with google searching for those words: tonymac clover maverics yosemite

I finally managed to get my system upgraded to Yosemite. I removed my SATA card and detached all the drives except my boot drive and then ran Unibeast. It totally locked up at 7 minutes remaining. The log showed it was stuck on some script to do with ACLs. I powered the computer down, reran Unibeast, and this time it made it all the way through. I then rebooted and ran Multibeast and everything works. I updated to 10.10.1 without incident. I had found some pretty good leads on how to switch from Chimera to Clover so I could get iMessage working, but I found out last night that iMessage isn't working again, even with Clover, so I'm not going to pursue switching to Clover...unless someone can figure out how to get iMessage working again.

I'm glad you happy with your system. If you still on legacy BIOS than stick to it. However, if you on UEFI then you should give clover a thought.

I had found some pretty good leads on how to switch from Chimera to Clover so I could get iMessage working, but I found out last night that iMessage isn't working again, even with Clover, so I'm not going to pursue switching to Clover...unless someone can figure out how to get iMessage working again.

There is nothing wrong with clover concerning iMessage and Facetime. You just need the ROM and MLB values from a real Mac, coz Apple checking them when login in. That's simple. I took the values from my iMac and it works like a charm. Read this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html and check the post from lexone for the ROM and MLB values.

I'm glad you happy with your system. If you still on legacy BIOS than stick to it. However, if you on UEFI then you should give clover a thought.

I updated the firmware to UEFI before attempting the upgrade to Yosemite. I like it. My machine boots faster now. :)

There is nothing wrong with clover concerning iMessage and Facetime. You just need the ROM and MLB values from a real Mac, coz Apple checking them when login in. That's simple. I took the values from my iMac and it works like a charm. Read this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html and check the post from lexone for the ROM and MLB values.

jaymonkey, in the official "Fix iMessage" thread on this site (http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html) discourages people from giving the credentials of a real Mac to Apple as this could jeapordize a person's icloud account at some future time. If you look at the latest news on that thread, you'll see that he thinks Apple has recently introduced stricter security processes for iMessage and anyone who logs out of iMessage on their Hackintosh at this point will not be able to log back in because of the new authentication protocols.

My Hack is mostly a production machine and I don't have endless hours to tinker around with things like iMessage, especially as it seems like a moving target. Yes, I would love to have it, and would certainly be willing to invest some time in getting Cover working if I thought it would give me iMessage back; otherwise I'm happy to have Yosemite working on this board with all my stuff intact.

I just installed Yosemite on my Gigabyte Z86X-UD3H-B3. I just used unibeast and finished up with multibeast using the DSDT for my Award bios F8. It took a couple tries over the course of about a day or two because I missed the AppleAPCIPlatform Rollback checkoff in multibeast. It's running great now. I replaced some files for the DVDframework to get my DVD player recognized by the Apple DVD Player app and now that's all good too. I still don't have iMessage and face time working, but that's not a big deal for me.

Next I want to start planning to upgrade my processor from a Sandy Bridge i3 to an Ivy Bridge i5. I haven't even started studying on that yet though, but any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back