Contribute
Register

Chimera 1.9 - Dual/Triple NVIDIA GeForce with Stock DSDT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony, why our 9400 GT only has 1MB of VRAM?

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2012-03-27 a la(s) 23.23.03.png
    Captura de pantalla 2012-03-27 a la(s) 23.23.03.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 268
kissandtellMAC74 said:
I don't understand yet: two graphic cards (even different models) that work simultaneously and multiply their power? Or just a way to use multiple monitors or different card with different OSX versions?

thank you

My tests above with OpenGL (Unigine benchmark) indicate that it doesn't give twice the power in 1 monitor usage. But each card is driving a separate monitor or monitors- giving each the full power of one card.

Tasks that involve OpenCL though, will use the power of both cards for processing power, as indicated by LuxMark tests in 10.7.3 after OpenCL Combo patch from MultiBeast.

Here's an example of the OpenCL test with

Single GTX 460
opencl-single.png

vs.

Dual GTX 460/GTS 450
opencl-dual.png

Last edited by a moderator:
edgar46 said:
Tony, why our 9400 GT only has 1MB of VRAM?

I think it's a bug in the code- probably cosmetic, but anyhow- you're not going to get much extra power out of the 9400 GT besides driving an extra monitor.

Nice work! I presume you are booting with GraphicsEnabler=yes to activate that code?

Any idea if the code changes will enable HD3000 + GeForce XXXm cards to be recognised at same time? Or is it only specific to 2xGeForce?

Thanks in advance!

tonymacx86 said:
kissandtellMAC74 said:
I don't understand yet: two graphic cards (even different models) that work simultaneously and multiply their power? Or just a way to use multiple monitors or different card with different OSX versions?

thank you

My tests above with OpenGL (Unigine benchmark) indicate that it doesn't give twice the power in 1 monitor usage. But each card is driving a separate monitor or monitors- giving each the full power of one card.

Tasks that involve OpenCL though, will use the power of both cards for processing power, as indicated by LuxMark tests in 10.7.3 after OpenCL Combo patch from MultiBeast.

hum...i must find what software use OpenCL! Render 3d? Games?

fwood said:
hum...i must find what software use OpenCL! Render 3d? Games?

Offhand - DaVinci Resolve (even the lite Version). However, it is quite a lot faster using CUDA. I can't think of any software, besides luxrender/mark and Apples FCPX and the likes,which is OpenCL only. Those which support OpenCL are also supporting CUDA (Blender is an excellent example of that) and are generally faster using CUDA. But that may change. Or not.

Talking about DaVinci Resolve - this was the last thing which glued me to windows. Now I can have a dedicated graphics card for rendering in Resolve. Thus I am - at last - free to go.

So, thanks Tony & macman - you just made my day. Probably my week ;)

Or, to say it more old-fashioned: You guys really rock!

Ok, it's official. Mind=Blown :eek: :eek: :clap: :thumbup: :headbang:

Can't wait to try this out!

One question though, will the GRX 680 run completely OOB? Or do certain kexts need to be installed.

silkysmooth said:
Ok, it's official. Mind=Blown :eek: :eek: :clap: :thumbup: :headbang:

Can't wait to try this out!

One question though, will the GRX 680 run completely OOB? Or do certain kexts need to be installed.
It will work when the proper drivers(kexts) are came out.

Ok, And I highly doubt it but will we be able to use this for Snow Leopard? By this I mean running multiple gfx cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back