Contribute
Register

Cheap Computer for Video Editing/Visual Effects HOBBY

Status
Not open for further replies.
My current apps folder on my mac now is just over 20 gigs, will that transfer over ok?

Assuming that you are either on 10.8.5 or 10.9 then yes it would. Either remove HDD from Mac and transfer into Mac to clone over or use a small external case and USB connection for the new drive. Haswell hardware could boot directly from your original drive, but I think that going with a fresh installation would be the easiest route to getting your new hardware up and running. You can then download your apps from the App Store.
If you prefer cloning your HDD, then use Carbon Copy Cloner or Super Duper.

Adrian B

How should I tackle cooling? This is such a different case, with no intake on the front. Would it be a good idea to get a 230mm fan and put it at the bottom as an intake, then get 2 fans at the top and one in the back as exhausts?

How should I tackle cooling? This is such a different case, with no intake on the front. Would it be a good idea to get a 230mm fan and put it at the bottom as an intake, then get 2 fans at the top and one in the back as exhausts?

I downloaded the manual to have a quick look as I have not seen one of these in real life. Is the case supplied with any actual fans to start with?

It does rather look like it depends where all your parts are placed but fitting a large intake on the bottom with two 120mm fans on the top would be more than adequate for your requirements. You can monitor temps, but I think even with a GPU added later this will be more than enough as you are unlikely to be buying an expensive GPU that needs a lot of heat dispersion for some time.

Adrian B

The case comes with two 120mm fans. There is one at the bottom, and one on the back. I will be getting a GB GTX 650 Ti card in the future. I will also be mounting my hard drive and SSD somewhere... maybe on the bottom if I don't place fans down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back