Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-P67A-UD3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
HD 5770
Right just need a little advice so any input would be much appreciated...

I've just bought a gtx 1060 to upgrade to from my amd hd radeon 5770. I have downloaded the nvidia drivers off here for my yosemite version. Im trying to keep everything so would like to avoid a clean install. Should i install them drivers, shut down, and install my gpu? Any useful commands incase any start up problems? What should i expect? Anything else you would do in my situation? Thanks again

There is no support for Pascal graphics in Yosemite.
You need at least Sierra.

There is no support for Pascal graphics in Yosemite.
You need at least Sierra.
Ahh right so is that nvidia card driver i got off here (nvidia yosemite 10.10.1 driver) not for the pascal family or is it a possible patch for them?

Ahh right so is that nvidia card driver i got off here (nvidia yosemite 10.10.1 driver) not for the pascal family or is it a possible patch for them?
There is no support for your graphics card in Yosemite or in the web drivers in Yosemite and no possible patch.

There is no support for your graphics card in Yosemite or in the web drivers in Yosemite and no possible patch.
So im downloading sierra now and will use unibeast to create a sierra legacy usb so where will i find the correct drivers for the gtx 1060? Thanks again for all your advice much appreciated such a great community after all these years (my build is from 2012) :D

So im downloading sierra now and will use unibeast to create a sierra legacy usb so where will i find the correct drivers for the gtx 1060?
The web drivers are in the Downloads section - Link at the top of the page.
The web drivers require a working implementation of NVRAM.
If your motherboard supports NVRAM natively then it is no problem but if it does not then there is no way to emulate it in Legacy mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back