2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
Hello there!

I was previously running my Hackintosh on an AHCI setup, but recently changed over to an Asus Tuf z270 Mark 2, running Intel Optane (Premium RST/Raid). I've noticed that when I have my bios set to AHCI, Clover almost boots, but then restarts before it quite gets there. I figure I'll figure out the minor tweaks needed there to get it to fully boot, it likely won't be a problem. However, when set to RST, it doesn't want to boot at all, instead throwing a very quick backtrace.. I'm only planning on using the Optane module with my windows partition, but wanted to see if there's a way to get Hackintosh to boot as AHCI despite my UEFI being set to Raid.

I have tried out the SATA Raid Unsupported kext, but so far have noticed no improvement. Is there anything else anyone might be able to recommend? Also what would be the best way about getting the boot text? It goes by so fast during the crash that I can't check for any specific errors.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Found out how to get the preboot.log in case this helps!
https://pastebin.com/cCuG71cK

Also it looks like I can't seem to find the settings to get it to boot even in AHCI so may need help with that as well. XD

Second Edit: Was able to take screenshots of the screen while hung when I’m not in safe mode! Attached them to this post just in case they may help. One is without Raid and the second is with.

Third Edit: New screens, was told by a ****** user to enable FixHeaders, and that seems to have changed the output. New output is here:
https://i.imgur.com/W57XTcq.jpg

Attachments

• C212BC7E-0335-4342-9494-96F0D9C0DEDE.jpeg
    C212BC7E-0335-4342-9494-96F0D9C0DEDE.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 244
  • 6B4052AE-2B93-4E3A-81E8-63E782972072.jpeg
    6B4052AE-2B93-4E3A-81E8-63E782972072.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 273
Last edited:
Just a quick bump to say I’ve added the preboot log and screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back