Graphics
Gigabyte Aorus Rx580 4gb
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello guys!! I hope you guys can help me with this problem. I wanted to install os catalina on my new setup. After clover boot then i choose (boot macos catalina install) the apple logo loading is finished & stuck.

Here's my setup :-
Cpu : i5 9600k
Mobo : Gigabyte Aorus B365 Elite M
Ram : Ddr4 8gbx2 16gb 2666mhz
Gpu : Radeon Rx570 8gb
Storage : Pny m.2 Sata iii 256gb

Also in the attachment is the verbose error that i snap.

Hope you guys can help me, thank you~

Attachments

• IMG_20200517_125124.jpg
    IMG_20200517_125124.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 67
I'm in a very similar boat! I have a GTX 1070 TI so I may try taking that out and using onboard graphics next. I have the same issue, the apple logo shows forever but I have yet to reach the installer

Same problem! Different setup. Would love an answer.

I'm in a very similar boat! I have a GTX 1070 TI so I may try taking that out and using onboard graphics next. I have the same issue, the apple logo shows forever but I have yet to reach the installer

Hi there.

Yes, you can't use a Nvidia 1070 with Catalina...

Hi there.

Your's is much more modern hardware than the OP.

Do some searching around here. There are plenty of builds similar to yours - Here's one, Here's something else.

If you still can't install, then post a verbose screen photo.

:)

Tried using some of the EFI folders in the threads you linked, but it still didn't work. Here's a screenshot of the verbose boot screen from my latest EFI folder attempt...

Attachments

• IMG_1520.jpg
    IMG_1520.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 39
Tried using some of the EFI folders in the threads you linked, but it still didn't work. Here's a screenshot of the verbose boot screen from my latest EFI folder attempt...

Okay,

You don't need to copy anyone elses EFI folder - that way lies confusion. By building your own you get to understand what's going on ...

Not much info to go on so far, but chances are the boot is sticking at the point the GPU is initialised, taking over from VESA boot graphics.

Assuming, like the OP, you can't even install macOS, then how are you attempting to install? Have you created a UniBeast 10 USB installer? That has the necessary GPU optimisations built in for Catalina.

Obviously check you have PCI-e graphics set as first priority in your BIOS.
When the Clover menu comes up press the Spacebar and from the drop-down menu select "Disable KASLR (slide=0)" then Return and boot the External drive to begin installation.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back