i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings!

My attempt to install Catalina failed with a prohibited symbol. This is the last bit of text before that graphic is displayed:

IMG_5436.jpg

Any thoughts here?

Clover: 5070, kexts up-to-date, and -disablegfxfirmware in clover boot options.

Thanks!

Jon

Attachments

• IMG_5436.jpg
    IMG_5436.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 253

@Amylowellow supposing you are pointing me to SSDT-EC.aml, what does that do? I do already have a custom USB port patch in place, so hopefully it isn't a duplication of that...

try adding this

SSDT-EC.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched

the installer at least continues installing

It seems to be a custom USB port patch, perhaps I am mistaken. I already have an SSDT for custom USB port layout. Do you know what EC does? I'm loathe to simply stick something in place that may have a problem with what I've already got.

I'm loathe to simply stick something in place that may have a problem with what I've already got.

"USB power property injection" is not "USB port patch".

Plus, what do you have to lose to try? It can't be any worse than "Install fails on Prohibited Symbol" already.

OK, I did a little research into SSDT_EC.aml. It won't help this condition (from what I read anyway).

EC, "Embedded Controller," has to do with USB ports, etc. It (from what I can tell), adds an "EC0" section in the ACPI area. I already have such a section, and my USB ports function correctly. Per the "test", I can plug in an iPhone and it reports its presence just fine, in fact my ports all list their occupying devices correctly.

Back to square one...

Maybe I spoke a little too soon, going to give it a try anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back