Contribute
Register

[Catalina 10.15.1 Installation]Black apple logo screen with empty loading bar after installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Giorgos241 i was checking the config.plist and i saw that it was checked the nvidiaweb tab.
Could you uncheck it and save the file and try one more time?
View attachment 435964
@JimmakoS I will do that right now! But I had one issue. When I tried to mount the partition of the MacOS Catalina SSD, the file seems to only have an Apple folder inside it. That doesn't very normal, does it?

I will just try to reinstall Catalina and change the config.plist file on the USB installation drive.
Screenshot 2019-11-15 at 9.41.39 PM.png

Last edited:
@JimmakoS I will do that right now! But I had one issue. When I tried to mount the partition of the MacOS Catalina SSD, the file seems to only have an Apple folder inside it. That doesn't very normal, does it?

I will just try to reinstall Catalina and change the config.plist file on the USB installation drive.
View attachment 436080

Yes it's normal, because at the end of the installation you will be able to install again clover bootloader to the main drive this time.

That’s cool but I am still stuck on the same thing. I made a new USB installer, installed clover on to it, replaced the EFI files with the one @JimmakoS provided, but I am still a

the computer did restart twice.The final tile a message appeared: “Restart to complete the installation of macOS on “SSD_LABRAT - Data”.”

Before getting to the Apple logo with the empty bar, I got this message. It took a while for it to disappear and show the Apple logo and the loading bar.
Funny thing is that if I leave the thing standing for a while, it goes black (it goes to sleep). Once I wake it up again, the Apple logo and the bar are gone but I can still move the mouse around.
View attachment 435962
yeah..I got same issue as this..just stuck at apple logo yet my mouse still can move around and when I press space bar or numlock keyboard..screen goes flashing white ambiance and back to apple logo without any progress bar moving.
still figuring out wth is going on with this boot configuration :(

yeah..I got same issue as this..just stuck at apple logo yet my mouse still can move around and when I press space bar or numlock keyboard..screen goes flashing white ambiance and back to apple logo without any progress bar moving.
still figuring out wth is going on with this boot configuration :(
Sorry guys for the long wait, but I was really busy with work and other things.
No news, nothing worked so far. If anyone has any other ideas on how to make this upgrade/installation work, I'd be great to hear them out.

Last edited:
Sorry guys for the long wait, but I was really busy with work and other things.
No news, nothing worked so far. If anyone has any other ideas on how to make this upgrade/installation work, I'd be great to hear them out.
Exact same problem here, nothing have worked:(

I've installed Catalina on my Optilex 3020 without a any prob except waiting for my wifi usb tp link driver (TL-WN727N) for MacOS Catalina its not out yet.

I've installed Catalina on my Optilex 3020 without a any prob except waiting for my wifi usb tp link driver (TL-WN727N) for MacOS Catalina its not out yet.
Maybe you should start a new topic on your problem. Since you already passed the post-installation screen.

Maybe you should start a new topic on your problem. Since you already passed the post-installation screen.
I had the same problem clean install on ssd it stuck at apple logo with empty bar .
After many tries and reading i figured out you have to use the ssdt-ec.aml
They talked about in patched but also you need to add OsXAptioFix3Drv on drivers you can add it through clover installation under memory fix try this and let me know guys .

Hey again! Still no way to install Catalina for me! Is there anyone out there with a possible solution?

Thanks!
are you just updating it from mojave to catalina or doing clean installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back