Contribute
Register

Case question

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want better build quality and real glass for the side panel, have a look at this Phanteks case. The only plastic parts are the 3.5" drive sleds and the upper and lower air vents. The rest is all high quality steel. Not thin flimsy stuff. For only $50 it's a great deal. This case will last a long time. I own one myself.

The only place it is lacking is room for the 3.5" mechanical drives. It is very cramped in that area. Also difficult to access. So if you plan on using 3.5" HDDs and swapping them often, it may be better to choose a different case. If you go with the P300 by Phanteks make sure to use a modular power supply.

Problems with acrylic side panels are: Static electricity build up. Dust and fingerprint magnet.
Scratches easily. Just looks cheap, especially if you want to see what's inside the case.

Last edited:
Thank you. That looks great for the money! I am planning on having one 3.5 drive, but it’ll sit there as a back up drive. I won’t need to swap it out. The other con I saw was that one review said the case fan was loud. I suppose I could always replace it that’s a problem.

Thank you. That looks great for the money! I am planning on having one 3.5 drive, but it’ll sit there as a back up drive. I won’t need to swap it out. The other con I saw was that one review said the case fan was loud. I suppose I could always replace it that’s a problem.
It's not a high quality fan, just use it as a basic exhaust fan and buy two high quality ones for the front. I don't find the included fan to be too noisy. Everyone hears through different ears I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back