Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Can't use all features because ARM architecture CPU is required on macOS 12 Monterey and some other questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
... between Intel and Apple ?? o_O
IzTP3Zq.gif

A Macrumors article on this states:

I really doubt that this is completely true. In Fall of 2022 the 2020 Intel iMac refresh will have only had two years of support. That would be a rather abrupt termination of support for those Mac owners. All the really important apps and feature upgrades will keep working. It's not that Apple can't keep supporting Intel for some reason, it's mostly that they want people to upgrade to an M1 based Mac. The fact is that there are still 10's or 100's of millions more people using Intel Macs than M1 by far. People won't recycle or sell their perfectly good working Intel Macs next year. Apple should and will keep supporting Intel Macs through 2022/23. Maybe not with all the new features but most of those I can live without anyway.

This article show what features are excluded for Intel Macs on Monterey. None are deal breakers for me. Portrait mode in Facetime calls I can live without. Siri Text to Speech ? I never even use Siri at all right now.
Thank you, I have some bluetooth device scanning problem and I will wait for the next builds to resolve the issue. Problem SOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back