Graphics
Nvidia GeForce 970 GTX 4Gb
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I really don't get this:

• My config file says I have only -v as a bootflag
  • When I boot clover, there are many more: Rootless, Kext-dev, Nvidia_drv=1..etc
  • I cleared my NVRAM and rebooted, it's still adding those options I didn't ask for.

How come those are not in the config file? Where do they come from?

It sounds like you may have more than one config file, usually from having two clover folders. Clover can boot from the EFI partition or the main partition. Which are you using?
I'm using EFI.

Your comment made me double check my main partition (with hidden files), I don't see a Clover folder. There is a EFI-Backups though.

Try using the latest Clover Configurator to mount the EFI folder. I prefer using CC to mount the EFI because it will give you the actual disk name not just the "disk1s2" code that is so confusing.

After you mount the EFI partition, then use the File/Open to make sure that you have the config you think you are editing.

Try using the latest Clover Configurator to mount the EFI folder. I prefer using CC to mount the EFI because it will give you the actual disk name not just the "disk1s2" code that is so confusing.

After you mount the EFI partition, then use the File/Open to make sure that you have the config you think you are editing.

Actually, I used CC to modify my config.

I went also to the finder to open the config file directly and I can assure you the modifications are taken into account.

Also, I didn't tell you but I had a KP when installing 10.13 so I had to modify the config in order to boot the installer. Which means, my config modifications have been taken into account that time also.

It's like the bootflags are read somewhere else.. It really drives me crazy.

Is it normal behaviour when changing the boot flags at boot time (in clover boot menu) for them to not being saved as default?

Ok, got it!

Clearing the NVRAM doesn't cut it. You need also to modify the NVRAM.plist!

Thanks, I found the culprit! Read above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back