ASUS X556UA-Clover
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520,1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I recently bought an ASUS X556UA laptop.
Specs are:
i5-6200U
Intel HD 520
12GB RAM DDR3

I followed this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/u...pitan-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.172672/
When I try to boot to the installer I can see clover.
I choose to boot to the OS X installer and I only get this error message:
panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff800031caa6): "zone_init: kmem_suballoc failed"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3248.58.21/osfmk/kern/zalloc.c:2284

I tried to add some boot flags, like -s, -v, -f, -x, npci=0x3000, maxmem=4096, cpus=1, -no-zp (without commas, of course)
But I still get the same error.

What can I do?
*Sorry if I forgot to include necessary details, tell me and I'll add them.

Thanks!!!

Hi,
I recently bought an ASUS X556UA laptop.
Specs are:
i5-6200U
Intel HD 520
12GB RAM DDR3

I followed this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/u...pitan-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.172672/
When I try to boot to the installer I can see clover.
I choose to boot to the OS X installer and I only get this error message:

I tried to add some boot flags, like -s, -v, -f, -x, npci=0x3000, maxmem=4096, cpus=1, -no-zp (without commas, of course)
But I still get the same error.

What can I do?
*Sorry if I forgot to include necessary details, tell me and I'll add them.

Thanks!!!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Skylake info in the FAQ. It is important.

Thanks!
I now need to do that:
Remove EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, leaving just 'Other'
I also have '10.11' folder. should I use it and delete 'other' folder or delete '10.11' too and only stay with 'other'?

The guide is very clear regarding your question. Please read it.

The guide is very clear regarding your question. Please read it.
I know it's saying to leave only 'other', but I thought I might use '10.11' folder because I'll run this version.

I know it's saying to leave only 'other', but I thought I might use '10.11' folder because I'll run this version.

As per guide, no need for the 10.11 folder when everything is in 'Other'.

As per guide, no need for the 10.11 folder when everything is in 'Other'.
I can now get the installer running.
I already have Windows installed, and when I try to erase the partition to Mac OS Extended Journaled it suddenly filled completely (was empty before) and became unmounted.
When I press mount nothing happens and when I try to erase it it fails saying "MediaKit reports not enough space on device for requested operation"
How can I erase it?
Thanks!

I can now get the installer running.
I already have Windows installed, and when I try to erase the partition to Mac OS Extended Journaled it suddenly filled completely (was empty before) and became unmounted.
When I press mount nothing happens and when I try to erase it it fails saying "MediaKit reports not enough space on device for requested operation"
How can I erase it?
Thanks!

Dealing with an already partitioned drive by Windows is covered in post #2 of the guide. Please read it and the associated link.

Dealing with an already partitioned drive by Windows is covered in post #2 of the guide. Please read it and the associated link.
Sorry, but I couldn't understand much.
I saw that you formatted as exFAT in Windows, I tried that too but still the same problem.
Should I just format the entire drive? Would it work?
If I should format the entire drive, I need to make An OS X Extended Journaled partition and a FAT partition?

Sorry, but I couldn't understand much.
I saw that you formatted as exFAT in Windows, I tried that too but still the same problem.
Should I just format the entire drive? Would it work?
If I should format the entire drive, I need to make An OS X Extended Journaled partition and a FAT partition?

If you plan to repartition for dual boot within OS X Disk Utility (recommended if you're not familiar with partitioning terminology and diskpart.exe), read guide post #2 for important instructions regarding dual boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back