Graphics
amd hd6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys, first off thanks for all the awesome resources on this site, I've learnt so much in trying to get this Hackintosh running.

I am running the AsRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, i5-2500k, Radeon HD6800.

Now, my error..

I created the Bootable USB fine using the TonyMac guide. At least I believe it to be fine. I have re-made it twice and am getting the same errors I will soon mention. I am using a Sandisk Cruzer Switch 8gb - as I believe others have.

I have my BIOS settings on AHCI.

When I boot from the usb and then get to the boot screen, I select usb. From there it waits a few seconds and then will briefly flash the plain white screen with Apple logo, then it reboots. By "briefly" I mean it's there for maybe 3/10ths of a second.

I have tried every combination of the boot flags as well as with my gfx card removed and only 4gb RAM.

Here are a couple screenshots of my system settings and a video I filmed of what is happening with the system - filmed whilst I was testing it on the tv, via hdmi from the mobo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3WT9wJIwB0&feature=related
IMG_20120906_150223.jpgIMG_20120906_150237.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply mate, unfortunately that's not the solution for me.. That guide is almost primarily focused on the post-install stuff, whereas I can't even get to the install.

I should have mentioned in my initial post too that I had tried the USB both with and without the ATI kext, sorry.

ok, If you can take a picture while booting in -V mode then someone will be able to help you here.
I have seen many success threads in user build sections check out there as well.

Do you have a way you'd recommend to take that picture? The verbose mode doesn't stop running its flies all the way thru (I believe its on the video in my OP). Or should I just continually try to take a photo as it goes by?

So I had a similar issue with my Gigabyte motherboard...

I haven't seen an ASRock BIOS before, but a little google searching made me a little familiar. Based on your attached pictures, I couldn't find a specific setting, but maybe it's because your pics are a little cut off. Try looking for a "No Execute Memory Protection" setting under Advanced > CPU Configuration submenu. Enable it and reboot.

Post back any results, or if you can/cannot find the setting in your BIOS.

So I had a similar issue with my Gigabyte motherboard...

I haven't seen an ASRock BIOS before, but a little google searching made me a little familiar. Based on your attached pictures, I couldn't find a specific setting, but maybe it's because your pics are a little cut off. Try looking for a "No Execute Memory Protection" setting under Advanced > CPU Configuration submenu. Enable it and reboot.

Post back any results, or if you can/cannot find the setting in your BIOS.

Wow thanks so much mate, that has done the trick. I'm currently sitting at the install screen (wanted to say my thanks before going any further haha)

Ill update this thread soon with whether I got it all running or not!

OK my question, is there a way to change the partition scheme from within the installer? I had intended to have Mac and windows on the same hdd but is that Possible? I'm starting to think no given I cant do it from within Mac or using easeus partition master on windoze.

Hey guys just wanted to mention my install works fine now! I don't have time at the moment to write a proper summary as far too many bloody exams due but within the week I'll hopefully post a fully summary of what my problems were and how they were solved so others may be able to gain some help from it.

Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread! :)

I'm having the same problem as you have with the apple logo flashing then restarting computer. but i have a p67 asrock motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back