Nvidia 560
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I'am trying to build a Yosemite hackintosh using the Unibeast method.

System specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7 3820
Mobo: ASrock X79 Extreme 4-m
GPU: MSI N560GTX-M2D1GD5
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 CL9
HDD: 500GB 2,5" 5400RPM laptop disk

using: -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 GrahicsEnabler=Yes, I was able to Run Multibeast and use the Easybeast Method since i can't find a DSDT for my Mobo. Every installed fine except VoodoTSCsyc.kext. I get this error:
View attachment 113988

I got internet and audio working and GPU is correctly recognized.

What am i doing wrong?

Manually remove all kexts related to Voodoo including preference pane.
Reboot.
Use Realtek 898.
You may want to reinstall and choose non DSDT option along with Audio and Network in Multibeast

I finally got VoodooTSCSync.kext installed but I'am still unable to boot on al 8 cores. When i use cpus=1 bootflag yosemite boots fine. But when i don't use cpus=1 it hangs when booting (see picture below):

IMG_20141116_234350403.jpg

Anybody who can help me?

I am using an MSI X97i Gaming AC mini-itx board with a i7-4790K 4.0Ghz processor. Because the processor was never used in a Mac I had to use the cpus= flag. I also had to use the maxmem= to get the memory to show properly. The i7 is a 4 core processor and then with HT it is a total of 8 threads. I have found the the cpus= is the number of threads. I am able to use cpus=7 which gives me 4 cores and 7 threads, but I can't get the 8th thread to work. If I do cpus=8 then the graphics freeze. I have gotten it to boot to safe mode a couple of times with cpus=8, but not consistently. Keeps hanging on VM swap subsystem is On. Running a bench mark on the processor with cpus=7 are very fast and 8 will probably not be a big deal, but it bugs me that I can't get all 8 working. I also get the error with VoodooTSCSync 8 Core when trying to install it. Not sure if this kext is the key to getting it working or not.

Thank you for your answer. I will test those flags soon.

For your information. Computers start counting from 0. So i think that when you enter cpus=7, you are using 8 threads.

I am using an MSI X97i Gaming AC mini-itx board with a i7-4790K 4.0Ghz processor. Because the processor was never used in a Mac I had to use the cpus= flag. I also had to use the maxmem= to get the memory to show properly. The i7 is a 4 core processor and then with HT it is a total of 8 threads. I have found the the cpus= is the number of threads. I am able to use cpus=7 which gives me 4 cores and 7 threads, but I can't get the 8th thread to work. If I do cpus=8 then the graphics freeze. I have gotten it to boot to safe mode a couple of times with cpus=8, but not consistently. Keeps hanging on VM swap subsystem is On. Running a bench mark on the processor with cpus=7 are very fast and 8 will probably not be a big deal, but it bugs me that I can't get all 8 working. I also get the error with VoodooTSCSync 8 Core when trying to install it. Not sure if this kext is the key to getting it working or not.

Under El Captain I have been having a similar problem with the GA-Z97N-Wifi and the i7-4790k(4 core / 8 threads) ..

Which VoodooTSCSync did you install 4core or 8 core?
Did you set a fake cpu id?
Any changes to the bios specific to cores or cpu states?

Best I have achieved is setting the boot flag cpus=4. Activity monitor shows "cpu usage view" shows 8 cpus (threads i guess?) but only 4 active running yes >/dev/null& x 12 only maxes 4 cpus. Geekbench shows 2 cores / 4 threads..

Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back