Contribute
Register

Can't Install on Asus X99 Deluxe II - 5930k - GTX 980 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Zebuscat,

I checked the advance section but i seem to not have serial device settings. The last thing there is "Intel LAN2 PXE Option ROM" Could it be some place else?

Hi ITNerd24,

please have a look at the attached image - the serial port setting is part of firmware version 0801 for Asus X99-A II - do you have the standard or deluxe version of the board ?
Anyhow it is one of the recommend settings to disable serial port on X99.

Attachments

• IMG_0811.JPG
    IMG_0811.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 275
Hi ITNerd24,

please have a look at the attached image - the serial port setting is part of firmware version 0801 for Asus X99-A II - do you have the standard or deluxe version of the board ?
Anyhow it is one of the recommend settings to disable serial port on X99.

It is recommended to disable Serial Port in the BIOS to avoid Bluetooth related Kernel Panics.

@VoiletDragon: Thanx for pointing out the reason behind the recommendation.
Just noticed that my BIOS image has flipped upside down - sorry for that.
It was taken with my iPhone and showed the correct orientation on my Mac :angel: - Apple Magic

@VoiletDragon: Thanx for pointing out the reason behind the recommendation.
Just noticed that my BIOS image has flipped upside down - sorry for that.
It was taken with my iPhone and showed the correct orientation on my Mac :angel: - Apple Magic

Hi Zebuscat,

I have the Deluxe II version of the Asus motherboard. Sorry about that. I thought me and you had the same board. I will scroll again to see if it's there. Which additional kexts did you add to your usb drive? I'm still running into the FixDrv error.

Hi Zebuscat,

I have the Deluxe II version of the Asus motherboard. Sorry about that. I thought me and you had the same board. I will scroll again to see if it's there. Which additional kexts did you add to your usb drive? I'm still running into the FixDrv error.

OsxAptioFixDrv problems can be cause by SIP being partially disable. Make sure that CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67.

My 'first time boot' kernel panic seems to be solved after upgrading to latest clover release 3676.
I have attached my drivers64UEFI setup.

Attachments

• drivers64uefi.png
    drivers64uefi.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 194
Hello zebuscat, I'm curious if you could tell me if speedstep is working and you could upload some scores too! Really excited to buy the Asus x99-a ii!

Speedstep doesn't work on any X99 box, nor does sleep...

Speedstep doesn't work on any X99 box, nor does sleep...

Hello Asus-Freak, thanks for the prompt reply! I have two questions...

- I read your entire Freaks guide to X99M-Gaming 5 build. I am currently debating with that board and the Asus X99-A ii, since the EVGA micro2 seems too complicated. In terms of performance, do you think that even if speedstep doesn't work this build (or yours) has the edge over a Z170 6700k based build? (which is fully supported?) I'm planning to use the machine for music (film) production.

- Do you think the pcie performance of the X99M-Gaming 5 is too much of a drawback? Seems like it's the most solid build, maybe i'm wrong but i haven't seen that kind of support on other Asus boards (i.e usb not working, etc), the other possibility would be the Asrock x99E-itx, which also has a guide but the lack of quad channel is a bummer.

Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back