Contribute
Register

Can't Install on Asus X99 Deluxe II - 5930k - GTX 980 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Zebuscat,

Thanks for the advice. I ended up purchasing a h110i gt cooler and that fit on top of the processor. I think it's because the brackets that were included in the H55 was not compatible.

How did you make out with getting your machine up and running? I finally put the hardware together so i will run the hackintosh setup tonight.

My setup has proven to be very stable - no issues like kernel panics, sudden reboots or crashing apps.Reboot is still required when powering on - tried to reinstall the latest clover version over my boot (EFI) partionen but that did not fix the issue .
USB is running for the 2.0 part - I understand I have to tweek my DSDT.aml to get USB 3.0 running . Did not find any modified Asus X99-A II DSDT.aml in the forums, so I will have to sit down and lern more about IORegistryExplorer and MaciASL.
How is your setup going ?

That's great! Glad yours is running ok. I got the hardware up but when the image runs I get a prohibited white sign. When enabling -v I get the following

OsxAptioFix2Drv: starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using Reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
Error allocating [hex] pages at [hex] alloc type 2
Error loading kernel cache (0x9)
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

I am wondering if maybe certain things I could not find in the bios could be affecting it. I could not find the vt -d to disable. I am running my monitor on the graphics card dp port. That's what I had in my previous hackintosh. Is there anything you can think of that could be causing the boot issue?

That's great! Glad yours is running ok. I got the hardware up but when the image runs I get a prohibited white sign. When enabling -v I get the following

OsxAptioFix2Drv: starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using Reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
Error allocating [hex] pages at [hex] alloc type 2
Error loading kernel cache (0x9)
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

I am wondering if maybe certain things I could not find in the bios could be affecting it. I could not find the vt -d to disable. I am running my monitor on the graphics card dp port. That's what I had in my previous hackintosh. Is there anything you can think of that could be causing the boot issue?

I saw the "Error loading kernel cache (0x9)" when I added slide=0 to my config.plist, when I removed it the error went away.

If you cannot find VT-d in your BIOS booting with dart=0 does the same thing although with a K processor it doesn't matter.

To provide more info these are the settings i found and disabled. I have gigabyte motherboard on my previous hack so sorry asus has been a learning curve for me

required BIOS settings config are:
- Disable CSM - Found
- Secure Boot = Other OS - Found
- Disable Serial Port - Not Found
- Disable Hyperthreading (if you try to boot into legacy Mac Pro setup) - Found

I saw the "Error loading kernel cache (0x9)" when I added slide=0 to my config.plist, when I removed it the error went away.

If you cannot find VT-d in your BIOS booting with dart=0 does the same thing although with a K processor it doesn't matter.

Oh ok looks like i disabled the right settings. But it's still giving me a black screen with a prohibited sign. I also tried following this youtube video

Im gonna have to play around with this some more later. Could there be any other differences that keep causing this error? Would i need to unplug my usb and update the config file?

Sometimes it is called SuperIO.

Hi Pilgrim,

Thanks I will check if i can find that in the Bios. I had another question as well. What would happen if i move my hard drive from my old hack and connect it to the motherboard? Would it still work or go all crazy since it's new hardware?

Most likely i would think it would not work at all but i been seeing around the net that some people did that and changed a few settings and that seem to work.

Hi Pilgrim,

Thanks I will check if i can find that in the Bios. I had another question as well. What would happen if i move my hard drive from my old hack and connect it to the motherboard? Would it still work or go all crazy since it's new hardware?

Most likely i would think it would not work at all but i been seeing around the net that some people did that and changed a few settings and that seem to work.

I am unable to predict the future.

To switch off Serial Port for Asus X99-A II
- press F7 to switch to Advanced Mode
- enter Advanced pane
- look out for Onboard Device Config
- scroll down to the very bottom
- enter Serial Device Config --> turn it off

Reboot - you may also take a look at my uploaded config ( turn off NvideaWebDriver flag when using it - otherwise it will leave you with a black screen ).
Check boot drivers of your EFI partition for OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi or OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi setup in drivers64UEFI.
I had to switch my setup to OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi in combination with Test2-2016.efi to fix a storage allocation error during boot process. You should find Test2-2016.efi in the forums.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 273
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back