Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X-99 Deluxe
CPU
Intel i7 5930k
Graphics
eVGA GTX 980 ti
I have just built a new machine for the purpose of making it into a Hackintosh.

Asus X99 Deluxe II
Intel i7 5930k (6 Core)
32GB G Skill Trident Z 3400
eVGA GTX 980 Ti
Asus Thundebolt Ex3 Card

I have now been able to install El Capitan to my hard drive from USB after a steep learning curve. But I am stuck at this point as every time I use multibeast it fails to boot again due to a kernal panic. I am unsure exactly what options I need for my setup, but I'm sure I have selected and the right ones.

I've overloaded my brain looking at countless threads, posts and guide's to help me but I'm not having much luck.

Is there anyone with an Asus X99 Deluxe, i7 5930k CPU and GTX 980 Ti running El Capitan able to help me?

Or maybe an experienced member that can point me in the right direction?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm not having much luck, can anyone offer me any advice?

I'm not having much luck, can anyone offer me any advice?
Hi - I'm new to Hackintosh myself. Managed to boot El Capitan 10.11.5 on my new machine:
- Asus X99-A II (non Deluxe)
- i7 5820K
- MSI GTX 970
Took the same steep learning curve !
I have used UniBeast to generate my USB Install media but went the 'Clover Configurator' route for 'config.plist' modifications.
Have you followed the recommended BIOS settings guideline for X99 (Disable serial port ... ) ?
My latest bootable config uses Mac Pro 6,1 - so you don't need to disable Hyperthreading in your BIOS.
Please find my El Capitan USB boot settings attached.

Attachments

• config_no_GTX.plist
    3.4 KB · Views: 375
  • Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-29 um 00.49.06.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-29 um 00.49.06.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 697
  • Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-29 um 00.49.53.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-29 um 00.49.53.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 657
Hi - I'm new to Hackintosh myself. Managed to boot El Capitan 10.11.5 on my new machine:
- i7 5820K
- MSI GTX 970
I have used UniBeast to generate my USB Install media but went the 'Clover Configurator' route for 'config.plist' modifications.
Have you followed the recommended BIOS settings guideline for X99 (Disable serial port ... ) ?
My latest bootable config uses Mac Pro 6,1 - so you don't need to disable Hyperthreading in your BIOS.

Many Thanks for your reply and settings. I've taken a couple of weeks off so I haven't progressed on my configuration as of yet. I will be working on my installation over the weekend with the screenshots/settings and information you have provided.

Could I please ask what bios settings you have changed?
Have you got sound working and can you get HDMI audio?
What issue's/limits (if any) do you still have?

- i7 5820K
- MSI GTX 970

Thank you for that information, this is my same setup that I've been struggling with, so you've given me hope!! Any BIOs configs you can recommend?

Sorry for my late response - I have been a little busy in the meantime.
- Managed to update to El Capitan 10.11.6
- my Clover bootloader setup is at V2.3k r3650 now
The A-II has proven to be a reliable Hacki-board - altough my current config runs into a kernel panic on initial boots - after booting into Windows , Mac OS will start with no issues ??? a little weired ???
Maybe more tickling with Config, BIOS or a .kext related issue.
- PM working
- Sound working (I don't use HDMI sound)
- Sound after sleep working (needs some additional .kext mods)
- (most) MB Sensors working
- Ethernet working (not in use)
- Wifi using Atheros addon card working
- Blutooth using Broadcom addon USB stick working
- iTunes video working (Shiki.kext needed)
- USB 3 not working (yet)

required BIOS settings config are:
- Disable CSM
- Secure Boot = Other OS
- Disable Serial Port
- Disable Hyperthreading (if you try to boot into legacy Mac Pro setup)

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.4 KB · Views: 355
Hi Zebuscat,

I am in the process of building with that motherboard as well. Can you tell me which cpu cooler you used for the system? I have a H55 but it doesn't seem to fit. I have the motherboard in a Corsair 540 mid tower case

Hi ITNerd24,

I am using the NZXT Kraken 61 in a white NZXT H440 V2 mid tower case assembly.
Selected my parts also using a MSI 970 4GD5T OC and 2 x Crucial BX200 to match a black and white design :crazy:
Just looked up the Corsair 540 - seems to have plenty of space for your H55 ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back