Contribute
Register

Cant Install High sierra! Please guide me on how to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z370 A PRO
CPU
i5 8600k
Graphics
GTX 1080
Hello every one hope you are doing well.

For the past 3 days I have been continuously trying to setup a healthy Hackintosh that can run me XCODE, Swift , etc..

So far the only successful installation for my Hackintosh build is High sierra 10.12.3 which I then updated normally from the App store to 10.12.6.

Ever since updating to 10.12.6 I was stuck on that OS since XCODE 9 requires at least 10.13.4 and I have been struggling to get my Hackintosh past the High Sierra 10.13.0 but none of the methods are working for me (or the tutorials online are really hard to follow).

Currently my Hackintosh is sitting at High Sierra 10.12.16. Any help/guide to make able to Upgrade this Hackintosh would be super duper gladly appreciated.

My Specs are:
Motherboard: h81m-c
i5 4460 @3.20 GHZ
16GB DDR3 ram
GTX 970
500GB HDD

Hello every one hope you are doing well.

For the past 3 days I have been continuously trying to setup a healthy Hackintosh that can run me XCODE, Swift , etc..

So far the only successful installation for my Hackintosh build is High sierra 10.12.3 which I then updated normally from the App store to 10.12.6.

Ever since updating to 10.12.6 I was stuck on that OS since XCODE 9 requires at least 10.13.4 and I have been struggling to get my Hackintosh past the High Sierra 10.13.0 but none of the methods are working for me (or the tutorials online are really hard to follow).

Currently my Hackintosh is sitting at High Sierra 10.12.16. Any help/guide to make able to Upgrade this Hackintosh would be super duper gladly appreciated.

My Specs are:
Motherboard: h81m-c
i5 4460 @3.20 GHZ
16GB DDR3 ram
GTX 970
500GB HDD

• To make things easier for readers to know about the current build you are trying to create macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 or higher , please add your listed hardware specs to Build Signature
    • That will display them below the message entry box on every thread.
  • My suggestion is to try to download the macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 installer file to your current 10.12.6 and not to try a direct upgrade; instead "show macOS Installer in Finder" and "Quit" installations that the macOS installer will be in your Applications folder.
  • Create a New macOS 10.13.6 USB installer disk using Tonymac Guide or Terminal commands on the 16 GB USB Flash disk using Disk Utility and install the latest Clover EFI Bootloader and edit it appropriately.
    • I suggest initially to remove the Nvidia PCIE card and use the integrated IntelHD 4600 changing BIOS Peripherals to use IGFX with DVMT Pre-allocated 128M until the system is running OK and reinsert the removed Nvidia GTX 970 as a second stage operation.
  • Disconnect your current otherwise working 10.12.6 Disk and install a blank 500GB SATA disk if you don't want to risk loosing the El Capitan just in case some mishap occurs during installation.
  • If you upload Screen shots of any problem boot screens, I expect readers can help you with the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back