1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Everyone,

So I'm attempting to install the latest Mavericks on the following build:

but, when I try use the following bootflags: -v -GraphicsCardEnabler=Yes

I get the following hang-up:
Hangup.jpg

I've tried a bunch of other combinations of bootflags (e.g dart=0, PCIRootUID=0, etc.) but with no success so far. Does anyone have any advice they can give me? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Charlie

Hi Everyone,

So I'm attempting to install the latest Mavericks on the following build:

but, when I try use the following bootflags: -v -GraphicsCardEnabler=Yes

I get the following hang-up:
View attachment 93916

I've tried a bunch of other combinations of bootflags (e.g dart=0, PCIRootUID=0, etc.) but with no success so far. Does anyone have any advice they can give me? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Charlie

From those USB error messages, it seems likely you used the "Legacy USB" option when you ran Unibeast. Re-create it without that option.

Also note: GraphicsCardEnabler does nothing (correct spelling is GraphicsEnabler), but you need GraphicsEnabler=No, the default, anyway.

Thank you for the prompt response RehabMan.

I'm currently reinstalling Unibeast now without the "legacy USB support" option, and I will report back with my results.

Cheers.

Ok, I've attempted the following bootflags thus far. I'll also post screenshots of my outputs from using -v.

-v -x //This bootflag combo causes my computer to cut to black at this point:
Output1.jpg

-v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes // This combo causes me to have a hangup here:
Output2.jpg

-v -x -dart=0 //Causes output: Identical to the output of -v -x

It seems the common error among all these failures is the line that reads: BootCacheControl: Unable to Open /var/db/BootCache.playlist

Any idea what my issue might be?

Thanks again,

Ok, I've attempted the following bootflags thus far. I'll also post screenshots of my outputs from using -v.

-v -x //This bootflag combo causes my computer to cut to black at this point:
View attachment 93920

-v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes // This combo causes me to have a hangup here:
View attachment 93919

-v -x -dart=0 //Causes output: Identical to the output of -v -x

It seems the common error among all these failures is the line that reads: BootCacheControl: Unable to Open /var/db/BootCache.playlist

Any idea what my issue might be?

Thanks again,

It is some sort of graphics problem... check:
- you're using a digital connection to your monitor (not VGA)
- you have discrete card set to primary and the Intel GPU disabled from BIOS
- VT-d disabled
- GraphicsEnabler=No

Ok, I've insured that my integrated Graphics card is disabled, I'm using a DVI connection for my ASUS monitor, my Geforce card is set to primary, and I'm disabling Vt-d using the -dart=0 bootflag.

I've been trying different combinations of these flags: -x -v -dart=0 -arch=i386 PCIRootUID=1

but still with no luck. Would it be possible/effective to try an install of Mavericks using my processors Intel graphics card and then reinstall my Geforce Card after the installation of Mavericks is complete?

Thanks again for the quick response

Ok, I've insured that my integrated Graphics card is disabled, I'm using a DVI connection for my ASUS monitor, my Geforce card is set to primary, and I'm disabling Vt-d using the -dart=0 bootflag.

I've been trying different combinations of these flags: -x -v -dart=0 -arch=i386 PCIRootUID=1

but still with no luck. Would it be possible/effective to try an install of Mavericks using my processors Intel graphics card and then reinstall my Geforce Card after the installation of Mavericks is complete?

Thanks again for the quick response

Mavericks is 64-bit only, so arch=i386 makes no sense.

You could attempt to reach the installer using integrated graphics first and deal with nvidia later...

ok, so I've actually made quite a bit of progress in the last few hours. I managed to access the installer using the following bootflags: -x -v nv_disable=1 dart=0

I was able to go all the way through the installation of Mavericks (after correctly partitioning and formatting by SSD of course) and even received an "Installation Successful" message. My current issue is that when I go to boot from my SSD from the Chimera screen using the same bootflags (i.e -x -v nv_disable=1 dart=0), I receive the following kernal panic output:

Output 3.jpg

Any advice on how to resolve this issue? Thanks Again.

ok, so I've actually made quite a bit of progress in the last few hours. I managed to access the installer using the following bootflags: -x -v nv_disable=1 dart=0

I was able to go all the way through the installation of Mavericks (after correctly partitioning and formatting by SSD of course) and even received an "Installation Successful" message. My current issue is that when I go to boot from my SSD from the Chimera screen using the same bootflags (i.e -x -v nv_disable=1 dart=0), I receive the following kernal panic output:

View attachment 93931

Any advice on how to resolve this issue? Thanks Again.

Try these things:
- maxmem=2048 or maxmem=4096
- remove /Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext from the USB installer
- both of the above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back