CPU
Xeon L5520
Graphics
Radeon RX 580
Here's my specs:
Motherboard: Asus Z8PE-D18
CPU: Dual L5520 Xeons
GPU: XFX Radeon RX580

I made my Mojave installer from Unibeast on a Late 2012 Imac. Installing to a Sata HDD. Clover comes up, I select boot macOs install on external drive, apple logo comes on and the screen goes black midway. In verbose mode I get a lot of messages and at the end it says unsupported cpu, then goes black. I will upload a video of the messages in verbose mode.

It's very blurry my phone is the only camera around

Here's my specs:
Motherboard: Asus Z8PE-D18
CPU: Dual L5520 Xeons
GPU: XFX Radeon RX580

I made my Mojave installer from Unibeast on a Late 2012 Imac. Installing to a Sata HDD. Clover comes up, I select boot macOs install on external drive, apple logo comes on and the screen goes black midway. In verbose mode I get a lot of messages and at the end it says unsupported cpu, then goes black. I will upload a video of the messages in verbose mode.
  • The video verbose screens too blurred for my eyes.
  • If I am a betting man, I believe, you are very close to macOS Utilities screen but because of Video related issues cannot reach there.

I would like to know a few things now.

• Is your CPU Dual L5520 Xeons meet SSD 4.2 needs for Mojave?
  • How is your Monitor Connected you Radeon RX 580? Exact ports and Cable used.
  • What BIOS Graphics Options have you chosen for this boot?
    • Preferably upload BIOS screen shots.
  • Upload CLOVER from your USB Installer as a zipped file .
    • You may use the bulleted steps from -> #4

What are the SSD 4.2 needs? I will upload Clover in a moment

What are the SSD 4.2 needs? I will upload Clover in a moment
  • For Mojave to install successfully and run properly on the System disk, the CPU needs SSE 4.2 Instructions.
  • When I tried to check your CPU at Intel Sites, I did not see it came with SSE 4.2. ->https://ark.intel.com/products/4020...-L5520-8M-Cache-2-26-GHz-5-86-GT-s-Intel-QPI-
  • Otherwise you have to to a few troubleshoot for that after install to prevent Grey Screen on reboot after Installation.
  • Search the Forum for this to avoid more unpleasant surprises down the line.

Here is my Clover folder. I am connecting to my monitor with an HDMI, I tried displayport but nothing showed at all. In my BIOS I have selected PCIE graphics instead of onboard graphics. If Mojave is a problem should I try installing High Sierra?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3 MB · Views: 96
Here is my Clover folder. I am connecting to my monitor with an HDMI, I tried displayport but nothing showed at all. In my BIOS I have selected PCIE graphics instead of onboard graphics. If Mojave is a problem should I try installing High Sierra?

• When I read what I could from Asus web site about the Z8PE-D1 MoBo, I am not very optimistic about this MoBo and CPU for Hackintoshing
  • Based solely on how far you have reached on your Verbose boot, I have edited your CLOVERFileTree to show the extensive changes that it might need to get this install moving any more toward Installation screen.
  • I have edited config.plist to suite the kext pasting I recommend for your CLOVER/kexts/Other
  • Kexts to be added into /Other are shown near it on the image.
  • For the CLOVER/drivers64UEFI many trials of "AptioFix ...efi files that are responsible for Memory Mapping to prevent crash may be needed.
  • I could not find anyone succeeding with your Hardware in any macOSes in my search. Please look for them before spending too much of your time on an indefinite troubleshoot on this.

Attachments

• 1.CLOVER_FileTree.png
    1.CLOVER_FileTree.png
    173.3 KB · Views: 98
  • config.plist.zip
    2 KB · Views: 92
I found this link https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/updated-asus-z8pe-d18-xeon-x5680x2-his-hd-6870.18786/
This is the same mobo, but different CPUs. I will try your recommendations, thank you.

That was an ancient story of possibly a Mountain Lion installation.
That is a very poorly documented posting by someone who seems to look very unhelpful the way it was posted there.
Many 'successful posts' here seem to me modeled in that way with limited verbal information and even much less useful images to explain how things were done to help others.

I usually ignore that kind of waste of Forum space.

I have successfully install High Sierra and Mojave on a Z8NA-D6 and Z8NR-D12, no raison for it doesn’t work with a D18 motherboard...
(Sorry, I have only keep this screenshot for this Hackintosh)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back