Contribute
Register

Can't get GTX 970 drivers to work on EL CAPITAN 11,2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not using a GTX 970... he is using a GTX 760 which is supported natively.

yes i meant 760 write mistake then the guid will help to install the mac and get to desktop

Will start.... wish me luck.!

For some reason I was unable to get to the installer, If I use internal graphics it would stop at a screen with multiple apples like crashed screen if I use a cheap nvidia gt 610 it would show the famous gray screen, if I inject invidia drivers it would stop at a mouse spinning color wheel.

Do you think I should re-make install usb with unibeast?

yes i meant 760 write mistake then the guid will help to install the mac and get to desktop

Update: I think I solved the problem by changing SMbios to 14.2 it was 17.1 I will continue with installing.

For some reason I was unable to get to the installer, If I use internal graphics it would stop at a screen with multiple apples like crashed screen if I use a cheap nvidia gt 610 it would show the famous gray screen, if I inject invidia drivers it would stop at a mouse spinning color wheel.

Do you think I should re-make install usb with unibeast?

Update: I think I solved the problem by changing SMbios to 14.2 it was 17.1 I will continue with installing.

intel 530 hd shold work on the installer with 17.1 okay then complete the instaltion good luck

intel 530 hd shold work on the installer with 17.1 okay then complete the instaltion good luck

It didnt .... dont know why... but now its installed. Im doing post install. :beachball:

If I use internal graphics it would stop at a screen with multiple apples like crashed screen

Search "fix boot screen garble" and you will find this is a common issue with Intel graphics.

Using iMac17,1 requires editing the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext for it to work properly. Other wise you will get a black screen when using Nvidia cards.

Im now using 14.2 do you think I should edit apple....policy???? thats the only thing pending before botting and installing the gpu...

Search "fix boot screen garble" and you will find this is a common issue with Intel graphics.

Using iMac17,1 requires editing the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext for it to work properly. Other wise you will get a black screen when using Nvidia cards.

Im now using 14.2 do you think I should edit apple....policy???? thats the only thing pending before botting and installing the gpu...

No, there is no reason to.

Well Guys I got news..... system is up and working.... the videocard is fully working so I guess the trick is either using 14.2 in a clean install or do a clean instal whithout the gpu installed huh?...

I will be making other posts in rite section to fix pendings problems.

Thanks alot both of you for the help. :headbang::headbang::headbang::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well Guys I got news..... system is up and working.... the videocard is fully working so I guess the trick is either using 14.2 in a clean install or do a clean instal whithout the gpu installed huh?...

I will be making other posts in rite section to fix pendings problems.

Thanks alot both of you for the help. :headbang::headbang::headbang::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Quickquestion: Why did some files in the Usb installer had a small red circle next to the kext name? for sample some sensors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back