1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys... Im new at the hackingtosh world so please bear with me
smile.png
.:crazy:

So I finally got my hackingtosh kinda working....:headbang: The problem im Having is that when I try to boot into mac os x with bootflag nv_driver=1 I get the monitor off and black screen when mac os is loading , the only way I can get into the OS is by using nv_disable=1. :banghead:

I already downloaded the web drivers and if I manually chose them on nvidia driver manager It ask me to reboot with no effect on the problem.

I already tried changing "config2" to "none" thing..... according to solution to problem #4 on http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html

I think part of the problem is that the hackingtosh is detecting my graphic card as NVIDIA Chip Model 7 MB

The guide I follow was this one.....http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/178197-guide-el-capitan-skylake-h170n-wifi.html.

My hardware:

gigabyte H170 Gaming 3
Skylake i5
16 gb 2400mhz corsair LPX
Gigabyte windforce gtx 760

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 246
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys... Im new at the hackingtosh world so please bear with me
smile.png
.:crazy:

So I finally got my hackingtosh kinda working....:headbang: The problem im Having is that when I try to boot into mac os x with bootflag nv_driver=1 I get the monitor off and black screen when mac os is loading , the only way I can get into the OS is by using nv_disable=1. :banghead:

I already downloaded the web drivers and if I manually chose them on nvidia driver manager It ask me to reboot with no effect on the problem.

I already tried changing "config2" to "none" thing..... according to solution to problem #4 on http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html

I think part of the problem is that the hackingtosh is detecting my graphic card as NVIDIA Chip Model 7 MB

The guide I follow was this one.....http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/178197-guide-el-capitan-skylake-h170n-wifi.html.

My hardware:

gigabyte H170 Gaming 3
Skylake i5
16 gb 2400mhz corsair LPX
Gigabyte windforce gtx 760

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Try using iMac14,2. Your card is natively supported so you don't need to use the web drivers or nv_disable=1 to boot.

Thats the SMBIOS im using my friend :banghead:

iMac14,2
iMac
IM142.88Z.0118.B00.1309031249
Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61
Board type 10....

pls let me know if I can provide any more help.

Thats the SMBIOS im using my friend :banghead:

iMac14,2
iMac
IM142.88Z.0118.B00.1309031249
Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61
Board type 10....

pls let me know if I can provide any more help.

According to the config.plist you attached to your post your are using iMac14,1 :banghead:

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 5.12.42 PM.png

The part about not needing the drivers still stands, your card is natively supported by OS X.

Slim.Jim, thanks for your time...

No luck changing to 14.2, I had done this before, Thats why I got confused, anyway I change it again and no luck, plus, I added rootless to bootflag with no success.

Another thing is that I got a second monitor connected to HDMI of coourse with no signal, I also unplugged to test with no success.

I dont really care about the drivers I just want to be able to use my graphics with aceleration due the fact I intend to use my hackingtosh for Video and Image applications.

I must point that the config Im using is from another board wich is not the same but similar to the one I own.

Also no effect on changging bios to USE IGFX or PCI1

I really hope you can help me futher more.

Injecting nvidia drivers did recognize the card without the memory but did not fix the booting problem, however I will make the clean install according to your instruccions.

Will report back.

Thank you.

Update:

I tried to re-install MacOs using internal graphics with no success, at some point it would hang on a spinning color mouse wheel or multiple apples like crashed. also tried to re-install using another nvidia cheap card a gt 210 , as well whith no sucess it will hang in about 75%. must be something about the usb dirver or mac os being still on the hard driver cuz I tried as well with the gtx 760 and Hanged.

I guess I will wait for you.

Update:

Ready and Waiting

do you have this gigabyte H170N-WIFI right sorry iam late

No man... the one I have is Gigabyte H170 Gaming 3. is same chip but different ports I guess....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back