Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77N-wifi
CPU
Core i5 3570K @ 3.4GHz
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 760
Hi there,

I have built my first hackintosch yesterday and everything works fine, except for the graphics card. It is a Nvidia GTX 570 by Palit with 1280MB. I have tried several kext files around here in the forum and changed some BIOS settings. But nothing seems to help. Most of the time I get stuck at the grey screen with the apple logo and the loading indicator, which stops after some seconds and nothing else happens. The best result - if you can say so - was passing the screen once, but that unfortunately resulted the monitor going black and turn off.

It is hard to find a solution for the GTX 570, as it seems not many people built their system with this card. The fey entries I found seem to be outdates, as they refer to kernel extensions for lion or nvidia driver downloads.

It would make me happy if someone could push me in the right direction. Maybe someone has a guide I didn't find yet.

Here is my hardware:
Gigabyte Z77N - wifi board
Intel i5 3750 K
16GB RAM Corsair
2x Samsung 1TB Harddisks (not RAID)
120 GB Kingston SSD
Palit GeForce GTX 570 graphics card

Software:
Mountain Lion 10.8.3

What I did:
Changed the wifi card on the motherboard with one with Atheros 9250 chipset.
Didn't build in the graphics card.
Installed Mountain Lion via USB with -x parameter.
Installed latest Multibeast with DSTD-free settings and only some extensions for audio and ethernet.
Installed a kext for the Atheros wifi card.
So far everything works fine with the integrated graphics. Audio is working, wifi is working.
If I install the GTX 570, I can't pass the grey loading screen with the apple logo.

Thank you for any help.

Hi there,

I have built my first hackintosch yesterday and everything works fine, except for the graphics card. It is a Nvidia GTX 570 by Palit with 1280MB. I have tried several kext files around here in the forum and changed some BIOS settings. But nothing seems to help. Most of the time I get stuck at the grey screen with the apple logo and the loading indicator, which stops after some seconds and nothing else happens. The best result - if you can say so - was passing the screen once, but that unfortunately resulted the monitor going black and turn off.

I had the same problem. I used the boot flag:

PCIRootUID=0

It seemed to fix it for me. I have a Gigabyte z77-UD5H motherboard.

Did you install the cuda drivers and MultiBeast 5xx drivers? Check my signature. Also...GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Screen will go black with GraphicsEnabler=No.

Hi there,

sry for my bad english...

I get today an "new" System.... i5-2500K, Gigabyte Z68-D2H-B3 Rev1.0, 16 GigRam, SSD830 and a GTX 570 !

At start everything didn't worked... PCIRootUID=0/1... and all the other Stuff...

What worked was new >> fresh Install << (only with the HD3000 Intel... run Multibeast, restart, insert the GTX570) -> Well start without typing anything, since 10.8.2 the GTX 400/500/600 work natively OOB. GTX 6XX only with GE=No.

In BIOS i only set AHCI, nothing else... the intel HD3000 is still enabled with 64MB. Of course you should set you BIOS to the default, then only enable AHCI and restart... Boot with -v nothings else and if the System stuck, make a picture of it and post it here. Of course you have integrated a DSDT on your USB stick ?

Then try DSDT=NO GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v

My GTX570 is working now but the Card got much less power than a ATI HD7770 OC... im wondering... League of legends max. settings with a HD7770 60-80 FPS and a GTX 570 only 25-40 FPS, not really playable.

Problem solved: Have to set iMac 13,2, now very good FPS.

Greetings from Germany
KloAkEnJoE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back