i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm running 10.11.3 and purchased one of those 28" Korean Crossover 289k 4k Monitors and they do have DP 1.2 and can do 3840x2160 at 60hz because I can get it working fine in Windows at that refresh rate. For some reason 10.11.3 just will not allow me to set it to 60hz and it's getting super frustrating!

Hardware:
ASUS P8z77v-pro
i7 2600k (Stock)
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB

From everthing I've read this technically should have no problem running this display at 60hz. When I hold down alt and click "scaled" in display settings I DO get a bunch of options, oddly the highest setting I can choose listed is 6400x3600 which seems super odd since this display clearly can't do that resolution.

I've tried everything I can think of. Any ideas?

Thanks Much!

Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 9.44.29 PM.png

UPDATE: After messing with this for 2 days I think I got it working with SwitchResX. I had to create a custom resolution at 60hz and a custom scaled resolution. It seems to be working great now, but I'm curious if there's a better way of doing this without the need for third party software?

Could be that the Korean display does not advertise it's capabilities correctly (EDID).

Or it could be connected to the problems with 4K displays that even people with real Macs have reported (Depending on the def you use), try searching for "4K 60Hz OS X", people seems have had all kinds of problems with it.

Could be that the Korean display does not advertise it's capabilities correctly (EDID).

Or it could be connected to the problems with 4K displays that even people with real Macs have reported (Depending on the def you use), try searching for "4K 60Hz OS X", people seems have had all kinds of problems with it.

The monitor worked fine out of the box with my 2013 Retina MBP so I don't think it's the display. I did get it working by creating a custom profile with SwitchResX. It's running at 4k scaled to 2560x1440x60hz. I would like to figure out how to get it working without the third party app eventually.

I'm running 10.11.3 and purchased one of those 28" Korean Crossover 289k 4k Monitors and they do have DP 1.2 and can do 3840x2160 at 60hz because I can get it working fine in Windows at that refresh rate. For some reason 10.11.3 just will not allow me to set it to 60hz and it's getting super frustrating!

Hardware:
ASUS P8z77v-pro
i7 2600k (Stock)
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB

From everthing I've read this technically should have no problem running this display at 60hz. When I hold down alt and click "scaled" in display settings I DO get a bunch of options, oddly the highest setting I can choose listed is 6400x3600 which seems super odd since this display clearly can't do that resolution.

I've tried everything I can think of. Any ideas?

Thanks Much!

View attachment 176388

UPDATE: After messing with this for 2 days I think I got it working with SwitchResX. I had to create a custom resolution at 60hz and a custom scaled resolution. It seems to be working great now, but I'm curious if there's a better way of doing this without the need for third party software?

I was able to switch my GT950, nVidia web based 10.11.3 hackintosh with SEIKI SE42UMS to 4k@60Hz mode exactly the same way. However, when it's running 4k@60Hz I have a chopping audio thru hdmi while 4k@30Hz produces nice sound. Under Windows 4k@60Hz YCbCr444 works fine, so it is not a hardware problem. Did you check your hdmi-audio under 4k@60Hz?

get the club3d adapter. Worked for me on a 4k 60z lgub8000 Tv. I tried for a year and that thing finally worked.

Does your card have display port and does your tv and card support hdmi 2.0?

get the club3d adapter. Worked for me on a 4k 60z lgub8000 Tv. I tried for a year and that thing finally worked.

Does your card have display port and does your tv and card support hdmi 2.0?
Both TV and card support HDMI 2.0. And I'm using this adapter. In fact 4k@60Hz is available only using it. DP -> adapter -> HDMI -> TV. Using HDMI -> TV I can setup only 4k@30Hz. 4k@60Hz is not even listed as a choice in display properties under 10.11.3. And even under Windows the maximum I can set with HDMI -> TV configuration is 4k@60Hz, YCbCr420 only, which is not looking nice.
From your reply I didn't understand your HDMI audio works fine with 4k@60Hz in OS X or you didn't try it?

Do a Google search for pixel clock patch.

I gave up on using audio out of the cards a while ago. I use a usb soundblaster play 2 dongle and save myself enough headaches. Try and find the club3d adapter. Im in Canada and i was able to grab one. Worked like a charm.

I gave up on using audio out of the cards a while ago. I use a usb soundblaster play 2 dongle and save myself enough headaches. Try and find the club3d adapter. Im in Canada and i was able to grab one. Worked like a charm.
If you mean this adapter, I already have it and am using it. As for video, it works fine. Only the audio goes wrong. So, as far as I understand, you didn't check hdmi audio on 4k@60Hz, right? If yes, can you check it and post the results here?

Do a Google search for pixel clock patch.
I have tried it already. Both versions. It doesn't work for me at all. That's why I switched to SwitchResX However, I didn't find anywhere, that pixel clock patch does something related to audio over hdmi. Am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back