Graphics
R9 270x
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I tried installing Yosemite. Using the latest unibeast and multibeast, got to language select and instal was aborted for some reason. Rebooted and now it won't load period, just black screen and "can't find /mach_kernel. My system specs are:

mobo: Asrock z77 extreme4
CPU: i5 4690k stock
memory: corsair dominator platinum 1866mhz 8gb
psu thermal take 850 bronze
HDD: WD green 1tb
gpu: r9 270x 2gb

any ideas on how to fix and actually instal Yosemite? This is my first OS X build so help is much appreciated!

So I tried installing Yosemite. Using the latest unibeast and multibeast, got to language select and instal was aborted for some reason. Rebooted and now it won't load period, just black screen and "can't find /mach_kernel. My system specs are:

mobo: Asrock z77 extreme4
CPU: i5 4690k stock
memory: corsair dominator platinum 1866mhz 8gb
psu thermal take 850 bronze
HDD: WD green 1tb
gpu: r9 270x 2gb

any ideas on how to fix and actually instal Yosemite? This is my first OS X build so help is much appreciated!

On Yosemite, there is no /mach_kernel

Is the error displaying while booting from USB?? If Yes, Remake the bootable USB with latest UniBeast and try again.

Alternatively try booting with flag "Kernel=/System/Library/Kernels/kernel"

Yeah made a bootable usb. And reinstalled that. Still comes up with the same mach_kernal. It's confusing.

So when I try the flag, it flashes the load screen and then sends the system into a reboot.

So when I try the flag, it flashes the load screen and then sends the system into a reboot.

Is the BIOS running with latest firmware??

Also update your build's hardware details under Profile > Basic Information section in the below format (Profile link is available on the upper right side of this website), So that we can avoid scroll back to your fist post for identifying the hardware details.

System : Motherboard + BIOS Version + Bootloader (Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-Z97X-UD5H (F9F) (CLOVER)
CPU : Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics : Intel HD 4600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back