Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Can't change a PWM fan speed (Mojave)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z-390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Yesterday i replaced my Fractal R6 Case fans.
Bought BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 PWM 140mm fans to replace the stock 3 pins fans.
Now it seems not so loud but there's a fan that keeps running at full speed. it's the Noctua Cooler 140mm PWM fan. It is connected directly to the 4 pin "CPU fan" plug on the motherboard.
It's a single fan. But as you can see in the atached prints, it appears as a dual fan and it runs at high speed. There's always an error if i try to change the velocity for this fan. I don't have other software controling fans (unless some apple stock app does it)
Any cue on this?

Captura de ecrã 2020-08-21, às 22.15.02.png

Yesterday i replaced my Fractal R6 Case fans.
Bought BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 PWM 140mm fans to replace the stock 3 pins fans.
Now it seems not so loud but there's a fan that keeps running at full speed. it's the Noctua Cooler 140mm PWM fan. It is connected directly to the 4 pin "CPU fan" plug on the motherboard.
It's a single fan. But as you can see in the atached prints, it appears as a dual fan and it runs at high speed. There's always an error if i try to change the velocity for this fan. I don't have other software controling fans (unless some apple stock app does it)
Any cue on this?

View attachment 485219

Hi there,

As you are using the CPU Fan socket, go into the BIOS and change the Smart Fan settings for this conector. If it is a 4-pin fan then the BIOS will be trying to control it.

:)

Yesss!! So simple!! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back