Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Huawei NBLB-WAX9N-PCB
CPU
i5-10210U
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 620
Hello,
I tried to install Mac OS Catalina onto my matebook d14 2020 with an i5 10210U CPU but the installation stucks after copying on both Catalina and Big Sur installer (The Laptop begins to freeze when finished copying files). Does anyone else experienced this issue and found a solution?
I opened the Installer Log but nothing like errors. The same issue appears when formatting my partition for Mac OS (I'm trying to dual boot windows and mac os)

This is the link to the Files I used to boot using OpenCore: https://github.com/ske1996/Matebook-D14-2020-hackintosh

Thanks and hopefully anyone can help me

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Hello,
I tried to install Mac OS Catalina onto my matebook d14 2020 with an i5 10210U CPU but the installation stucks after copying on both Catalina and Big Sur installer (The Laptop begins to freeze when finished copying files). Does anyone else experienced this issue and found a solution?
I opened the Installer Log but nothing like errors. The same issue appears when formatting my partition for Mac OS (I'm trying to dual boot windows and mac os)

This is the link to the Files I used to boot using OpenCore: https://github.com/ske1996/Matebook-D14-2020-hackintosh

Thanks and hopefully anyone can help me
You really shouldn't partition a single drive for both Windows AND macOS. For macOS you should use a separate drive entirely for the installation. This is because APFS (introduced since High Sierra) no longer works like HFS before. It uses containers and separates user data from system data now which complicates how the drive and file system works. That's likely the issue that caused your system to freeze when copying over the Catalina and Big Sur installers.

Your best bet for now is just get an external USB SSD and install it onto that for now, or add a spare drive in your laptop if you have the space dedicated for macOS. You can dual boot by making the OS boot drive selections via the BIOS F Key.

Thanks for your answer. I'll try it.

Big Sur installation worked for me. But the oem installed Samsung PM861 nvme SSD. Will give you problems. I replaced it with SATAM2 Samsung evo 860.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back