Contribute
Register

Can't boot into El Capitan without the "nv_disable=1" flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried uninstalling/reinstalling WebDriver, still not working. If anyone has any ideas, I'm still more than willing to try them, but I think I'm just gonna take the loss on this one for now. I really just installed OS X to use Xcode anyway. Thanks again to everyone who replied.

Yes it is.

I failed to mention that the only kext I have in the EFI partition is FakeSMC. I'm also booting with the flags kext-dev-mode=1, rootless=0, nvda-drv=1 and, of course, nv_disable=1.

Kextdev and rootles are not useful in ElCap you need only csractiveconfig 0x3 and Booterconfig 0x28 in RT Variables. Both "nvda-drv=1 and, of course, nv_disable=1" are nonsense. With nVidia web driver you need only nvda-drv=1

Kextdev and rootles are not useful in ElCap you need only csractiveconfig 0x3 and Booterconfig 0x28 in RT Variables. Both "nvda-drv=1 and, of course, nv_disable=1" are nonsense. With nVidia web driver you need only nvda-drv=1

Hey, thanks for the reply. I set CsrActiveConfig and BooterConfig to those values and took out all the boot flags except nvda-drv=1, but it still refuses to boot.

Checking your config.plist I think you should change your SMBIOS definition to iMac14,2
That's the one i'm using and everything works fine.
nvidia web driver selcted in nvidia pref pane?

I changed it to iMac14,2 in SMBIOS and the Web Driver has always been checked, but still no dice. I think at this point my only option is to do a clean reinstall, which I really don't want to do since it took me forever to get this one working. On the other hand, it could just be a problem with my GPU.

Thanks again to everyone who replied, if I end up finding a fix for it I'll put it in the OP.

I am having your same issue right now. 4690k i5 with GTX 970 (4gb) Everything works otherwise as far as I can tell...

This is what my graphics show up as (booting with nv_disable_1)(current config attached)
Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 5.56.15 AM.png

Attachments

• config_tmx86_nv.plist
    4.1 KB · Views: 223
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back