GTX 970 G1
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all,
I finally got my installation of El Capitan (10.11.2) working, using Clover to install and boot. The thing is, if I remove nv_disable=1 from the boot options I can't boot at all. Everything is updated and I have WebDriver 346.03.04 installed. nvda_drv=1 is also enabled in the boot options.

On a related note, the graphics performance is very slow in many places on the install. For example, Launchpad takes ~3 seconds to come up and draws very slowly. I have no idea if this is actually related to the nv_disable flag or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the only thing left on my build that doesn't work.

Hello all,
I finally got my installation of El Capitan (10.11.2) working, using Clover to install and boot. The thing is, if I remove nv_disable=1 from the boot options I can't boot at all. Everything is updated and I have WebDriver 346.03.04 installed. nvda_drv=1 is also enabled in the boot options.

On a related note, the graphics performance is very slow in many places on the install. For example, Launchpad takes ~3 seconds to come up and draws very slowly. I have no idea if this is actually related to the nv_disable flag or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the only thing left on my build that doesn't work.
Make sure inject NVidia is UNCHECKED(false in .plist)

Hello all,

Attach Config.plist.

Here it is. I have tried injecting different graphics options and putting a different Product Name in the SMBIOS section, all with the same result.
View attachment config.plist

npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1

Thank you all for helping me at this ungodly hour of the morning, I appreciate it.

npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1
Give this ago.

Unfortunately neither of these work. At the boot screen, the white bar gets to about 60%, then goes black, but the computer's power remains on. When it boots successfully, at the 60% mark the Apple logo disappears and the remainder of the bar finishes very quickly, in about 3 seconds. I don't think if that's useful at all, but that's what happens.

In System preferences / nVidia Driver Manager are the Web Driver flagged?

Yes it is.

I failed to mention that the only kext I have in the EFI partition is FakeSMC. I'm also booting with the flags kext-dev-mode=1, rootless=0, nvda-drv=1 and, of course, nv_disable=1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back