CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I was able to set up unibeast, and install Yosemite on my gigabyte ex58-ud5 machine that I had Mountain Lion on ages ago and thought I would try out Yosemite.

The install went well, some odd flickering on unibeast but unplugging and replugging got the graphics back.. note im running a amd r9 290x card.

After multi beast basic or what ever its called, I reboot and remove the usb drive I was using to boot off and well now I get this on the screen every time.

See screen shot.. anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• boot.jpg
    boot.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 169
Anyone have any suggestions?

yea, tried a few, either im not getting what they are suggesting or something else is up.. their are 2 types of errors the way I see it the 4k block error (that doesn't spit out garbage) and the one im seeing with the gibberish as people are saying. I'm pretty sure it has to do with my amd r9 290x card, I should see if i can dig up a old nvidia card and try, but after a while you just get tired and give up..

I also tried clover and I get a boot loader but it stalls somewhere.. kinda a shame because the vanilla install everything is working but booting, and well I guess I could use the usb to boot all the time but not really ideal.

This is solved now by doing the EFI boot partition..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back