Contribute
Register

Cant Boot El Capitan from SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's probably your problem. Need to get a supported card (see buyer's guide)

linuxrox,

You bring up a very good point, one that I may have naively overlooked being the graphics. Here is a screen shot of my latest attempt. I can get the loader bar when booting from my SSD to go to completion but then it just hangs.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    749.9 KB · Views: 106
I posted that last post before I saw your response so it can be ignored. I will purchase a card and try that. Thanks for the guidance! Cheers!

and you have set your SMBIOS model to MacPro3,1 or higher in the Clover boot selection?

I got slash circle until I did that.

I'm srry, i have no idea what has changed. Although i did wipe both my drives. And reformatted my USB a dozed times at-least. And i kind of cleared CMOS a couple of times. (Yes, i did change my BIOS to what they need to be)
I am still have the a problem where I try to boot from Clover into the USB EL Captain installer, and i get the apple logo with a black background, then after 5-15 seconds, it shuts off then restarts.
(Yes, i did change my BIOS to what they need to be)
PS; Srry i was not on for so long. I kinda gave up on the forum and decided to research my head off, to no prevail.

Last edited:
Sorry for wasting people time. This site didn't help me whatsoever except for the parts. In my personal opinion (witch dose not really matter), this method is kinda broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back