Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Cant Boot El Capitan

Hello,

Ive built my PC, installed El Captain onto my SSD, and whenever (Ive gotten into El Captain 3 times) i try to boot up El Captain from HFS, it shows a "Forbidden" sign but just that with no text, OR it gets to the apple logo, but either halfway though or once its done, It freezes, turns into a black screen with a mouse and a loading wheel fading in and out, or turns into a black screen then shuts off within a minute. Also i cant change my boot-loaders. If i try and press enter on "Boot Args:dart=0", it freezes everything and turns off after about 4-5 minutes. What should i do?

If you could help, that would be awesome. :)

Last edited:
have you tried to install the nvidia web drivers and add boot flag nvda_drv=1

I cant go into args. When i try, my system freezes and shuts down. (10-15 minutes)
And I don't know where the web drivers for my card are. If someone dose, can they please tell me?

Also something strange is that my boot args say "Boot Args;dart=0". Is this normal? If it is not normal, how do I erase my SSD? I cant find out how to do this without an OS.

Ok, i got my Boot Args to work. Now when i try and boot, i get the "Forbidden" sign. I dont know how to stop this.

BTW, thanks for the NVIDIA divers. Im sure they will come in handy.

Last edited:
mount the EFI partition on your USB using Clover Configurator and attach config.plist here

Thank you for your speedy response,
I don't know how to do that. Please explain. When I plug my USB back in my Mac, it only shows "USB" On my desktop, there is not another one called "EFI". There is one called "EFI" When i set up the usb to be bootable, though.

download Clover Configurator, once you open it you will see there is an option to mount EFI partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back