Contribute
Register

Can't activate i7-3770 turbo boost (3,9Ghz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad, I have not noticed about the 'missing' K :)

Like said, before changes in my bios, I get 1,60Ghz at idle, and cpu usage depending 2,2-2,4-2,5-2,9.....-3,2-3,5- to 3,7Ghz
after the 'little' change, I get the almost the same, but the max reaches 3,9Ghz

You can give a tray re-doing the ssdt... and of course the macmini smbios

I did mine with ./ssdtPRGen.sh i7-3770K 3900 70 (70 máx TDP optional ;) )

Anyway, your ssdtPRGen report seems fine, so I guess is more something about your bios config.

B.R.

Oh ok, so your CPU usage is very smart compared of my only 2 options. Do you check that with FakeSMC and HWDmonitor ?
I tried generating new SSDT files numerous times with numerous Ivy Bridge compatible Smbios.plist.
I don't remember trying *./ssdtPRGen.sh i7-3770 3900* and I don't know much about the max TDP allowed. Starting to regret not buying a 3770K for the many tweaking possibilities.

It must be something with the BIOS as you say. So many options!

I'll take pics of my BIOS parameters and upload them here...

My BIOS :

Attachments

• Photo2.jpg
    Photo2.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 799
  • Photo3.jpg
    Photo3.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 744
My bad, I have not noticed about the 'missing' K :)

Like said, before changes in my bios, I get 1,60Ghz at idle, and cpu usage depending 2,2-2,4-2,5-2,9.....-3,2-3,5- to 3,7Ghz
after the 'little' change, I get the almost the same, but the max reaches 3,9Ghz

You can give a tray re-doing the ssdt... and of course the macmini smbios

I did mine with ./ssdtPRGen.sh i7-3770K 3900 70 (70 máx TDP optional ;) )

Anyway, your ssdtPRGen report seems fine, so I guess is more something about your bios config.

B.R.

Interesting... I dont know but it seems that my i7 2600k is always running on max 3,4GHz even without any programs running.

Interesting... I dont know but it seems that my i7 2600k is always running on max 3,4GHz even without any programs running.

You might want to have a look for power management options in your bios.

I tried everything with the BIOS and I think it's not BIOS related. I mean I must have rebooted my computer 70 times in 2 days.
I tried everything with SSDT, generated and custom.
I tried everything with SMBIOS.
I read numerous threads about P-states on Tonymacx86 and made all sorts of experiments.
And I can't get past CPU P-States 16 37 39

This shouldn't bother me because everything else is working like a charm, so I'll try to forget about this issue for now. But anyone who comes with an answer for me will get my blessing :D
I feel so close...
I'm already trying to sell my brand new i7-3770 to buy a 3770k. Prices are dropping every day and the difference with OC seems quite significant considering I work in video editing.

Oh ok, so your CPU usage is very smart compared of my only 2 options. Do you check that with FakeSMC and HWDmonitor ?

Yes, I have HWM installed and I can see the frequency changing according to the cpu load :)

I did as Cheetaa in bios, excepting that i changed the profile to XMP (1600 mHz instead of 1333). My system definition is iMac13,2 (before it was macmini6,2, had much more p-states under 3,4 - a few over it - but had to change it because of my new graphic card to iMac13,2) and have 1,6-3,4-3,5-3,6-3,7-3,8 & 3,9. GB score is 15000-16000. Clover, DSDT & SSDT.

I have the same problem. It's strange but the turbo boost starts work only after sleep. After reboot again only x16 and x34:evil:
same here.

I just reinstalled fresh 10.12.5 to an old z77x-up5-th, 3770 non-K, smbios iMac13,2 no ssdt, everything works fine, except this turbo boost problem.

I set in bios turbo boost 41, hwmonitor shows only 3.4GHz, but after sleep wake, turbo boost works 4.1GHz.

Any help please?

Hi I have dell optiplex 7010 running i7-3770 i coudnt run the high siera in it so i was thingking to buy a motherboard for gigabyte is it worthit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back