Contribute
Register

Cannot install times out at System Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind fixed that, will let y'all know when it is up and running.

herpderp....

Please fill in the blanks for us ... its been a long day and I am tired and dont want to Guess.....:lol:

No really others would like to know ... even the silly ones help....

herpderp....

Please fill in the blanks for us ... its been a long day and I am tired and dont want to Guess.....:lol:

No really others would like to know ... even the silly ones help....

Right, so when I got to the installation screen that reads "Select Drive to install OS on" I went up to the tab at the top and clicked 'Utilities' and from there clicked on the 'Partition' tab in the center of the window. Selected the tab '1 partition' and made sure that the drive was being set up as a Mac OSX (journal) and then I was able to install the OS on the drive (after the utility program had properly partitioned the drive, of course_

Right, so when I got to the installation screen that reads "Select Drive to install OS on" I went up to the tab at the top and clicked 'Utilities' and from there clicked on the 'Partition' tab in the center of the window. Selected the tab '1 partition' and made sure that the drive was being set up as a Mac OSX (journal) and then I was able to install the OS on the drive (after the utility program had properly partitioned the drive, of course_

herbderp...

Ok so you need to use the Utilities Option in the APPLE OSX DVD Rom program to create a Drive that you can install OSX into from the DVD.

Now AS to using MultiBeast ...

As your system is All Ivy Bridge Snow Leopard will not run in Normal Mode ... and we need to use the iBoot for Ivy Bridge CD to boot up every time.

Also we do not use the MultiBeast program for any of the "Normal OSX install methods". Why is cause your hardware will not support OSX Snow Leopard.

So what you should do now is to install the Apple Combo Update for Snow Leopard 10.6.8 version 1.1

Which you can get here - http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1399

Copy to a USB then move to the desktop and install.

Once this is working and you have the desktop you should also be able to use the Apple App store Icon and create and accrount and purchase the Application know as Mountain Lion.

THis is then downloaded and you will then create a 8 GB USB Mountain Lion Thumb Drive so that you can boot from it and install ML to this computer.

herbderp...

Ok so you need to use the Utilities Option in the APPLE OSX DVD Rom program to create a Drive that you can install OSX into from the DVD.

Now AS to using MultiBeast ...

As your system is All Ivy Bridge Snow Leopard will not run in Normal Mode ... and we need to use the iBoot for Ivy Bridge CD to boot up every time.

Also we do not use the MultiBeast program for any of the "Normal OSX install methods". Why is cause your hardware will not support OSX Snow Leopard.

So what you should do now is to install the Apple Combo Update for Snow Leopard 10.6.8 version 1.1

Which you can get here - http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1399

Copy to a USB then move to the desktop and install.

Once this is working and you have the desktop you should also be able to use the Apple App store Icon and create and accrount and purchase the Application know as Mountain Lion.

THis is then downloaded and you will then create a 8 GB USB Mountain Lion Thumb Drive so that you can boot from it and install ML to this computer.

At this point I have created the bootable USB Drive for Mountain Lion and have installed it but now when I try to boot up the hard drive I get the message, "Can't find."

At this point I have created the bootable USB Drive for Mountain Lion and have installed it but now when I try to boot up the hard drive I get the message, "Can't find."

herpderpingson

If you have moved onto Mountain Lion ( installed the OS onto the HD) then our work here is done as this forum is only for Snow Leopard install issues.

You will need to open a new Post in the Mountain Lion Desktop Support - I suggest You link this tread for reference.

Also have you been able to press the PF key that allows the BIOS to select the boot point to load a OS from and then selected the HD.

If this is not working then its sound like the bootloader is not right,

herpderpingson

If you have moved onto Mountain Lion ( installed the OS onto the HD) then our work here is done as this forum is only for Snow Leopard install issues.

You will need to open a new Post in the Mountain Lion Desktop Support - I suggest You link this tread for reference.

Also have you been able to press the PF key that allows the BIOS to select the boot point to load a OS from and then selected the HD.

If this is not working then its sound like the bootloader is not right,

Thank you for all the help you've given over the past week or two! Here's hoping this stormy weather clears up.

Thank you for all the help you've given over the past week or two! Here's hoping this stormy weather clears up.

herpderpinson ...... stormy weather ... great song done by several great female jazz singers like Lena Horne and Ella Fitzgerald.

Play in it right now ... thanks to U TUBE....

Stormy weather .... goes great w a full band w a Base Viola !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back