EVGA GTX 980
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to install Yosemite on a build that I completed over a few months back. I tried then but I had no luck and no I am running into the same issue.

I cannot install Yosemite. I have tried Unibeast. I am new to this so I don't have much experience with hackintosh. I have tried multiple bootflags to disable my nvidia card. I have dipped into clover for a little bit but I had no luck.

When I disable the nvidia card I get to a black screen and when I run without a bootflag or something like npci=0x2000 I get stuck with the apple logo and no mouse or Anything. I also tried to play with bios settings to match some of the tutorials I read and had no luck.

My system is

Asrock x99 Xtreme 4
intel i7 5820k
Evga GeForce GTX 980
and I have multiple ssd's.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to install Yosemite on a build that I completed over a few months back. I tried then but I had no luck and no I am running into the same issue.

I cannot install Yosemite. I have tried Unibeast. I am new to this so I don't have much experience with hackintosh. I have tried multiple bootflags to disable my nvidia card. I have dipped into clover for a little bit but I had no luck.

When I disable the nvidia card I get to a black screen and when I run without a bootflag or something like npci=0x2000 I get stuck with the apple logo and no mouse or Anything. I also tried to play with bios settings to match some of the tutorials I read and had no luck.

My system is

Asrock x99 Xtreme 4
intel i7 5820k
Evga GeForce GTX 980
and I have multiple ssd's.

Any help would be much appreciated.

You have to create bootable USB as per this guide : http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...motherboard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-10-a.html

Disable Serial Port on BIOS.

Then check booting with "dart=0 npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 -f -v"

Hi Jithin, I got a little far, but I got stuck at the iobluetoothhcicontroller. I don't have bluetooth on my motherboard. I read it could be an issue with graphics. What do you think?

Hi Jithin, I got a little far, but I got stuck at the iobluetoothhcicontroller. I don't have bluetooth on my motherboard. I read it could be an issue with graphics. What do you think?

Please read the Rules :
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Thanks in anticipation

Yes. Most probably the issue is related to graphics.

You had tried booting with this combination only "dart=0 npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 -f -v". Right??

Also try with "dart=0 npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No -f -v -x"

If the above is not working, is it possible for you to arrange one native supported graphics card just for completing installation??

Note:-Use DVI-DVI or HDMI-HDMI cable for monitor, avoid VGA and conversion cables.

Hey man,

I have not had any luck yet. I tried the boot flags above. What is a graphics card do you recommend that I can buy for the installation?

i can out the gtx980 after I install ?

thanks in advance.

Hey man,

I have not had any luck yet. I tried the boot flags above. What is a graphics card do you recommend that I can buy for the installation?

i can out the gtx980 after I install ?

thanks in advance.

If you have serial port, then disable it on BIOS and check booting again. I saw somewhere there is some issue with serial port on X99.

You can use GT210/GT240/GT610 for installation, those are least priced cards available in market.

After installation of Web Driver you can use your GTX 980.

Hi Jithan,

I am going to give it another try and I ordered the 210 to complete the installation. Do you recommend clover, or unibeast? with the latest OS ?

Thank you

Hi matteosaeed,

I have the same board as you, I can tell that really hard to get to the installation screen at first :D, but finally got it then everything went smoothly. Here is my tricks.

I am using the MultiBeast guide to make the Yosemite installation from the following link.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Incase, my CPU is Xeon E5-2630 V3, so i need to put VoodooTSCSync.kext to /Extra/Extensions (with proper edited the number of cores, E5 2630 V3 is 15, not sure 5820k requires this or not)

Restore BIOS to UEFI default, then make sure the BIOS setting meet the following: (I still using v.2.0)
- SpeedStep/Turbo/Hyper Threading = Enable
- Vt-d = Disable
- C3 = Enable
- Serial port = Disable
- USB3.0 =Smart Auto, Legacy USB, Legacy USB3 all Enable

Here is the kernel flags for org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Code:
kext-dev-mode=1 -v -f npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 dart=0 debug=0x14e GraphicsEnabler=no

The flags based on my vga AMD R9 280X, so you may have another flag for your NVIDIA, so please look for the tip for NVIDIA card.

** Because of my hardware config is different from you (I also have the M2. NVMe SSD SM950 installed, and 2x R9 280x also installed on PCIE1 and PCIE3 with force Gen3 config in BIOS instead of Auto, and it sometime affects directly to the installation process, you may try another combination of kernel flags, may be -x will help to get the installation screen)

Anyway, i recommended to remove un-neccessary devices from the USB, PCIE before installation. just go with simple hardware, device setup for installation stage will avoid the problem. (can add it later after install success)

The Installation process, reboot and press F11 to boot from Yosemite USB, just be patient because it will take sometime to get to the installation screen even it look like not responding.

I am using MacPro6,1 for definition, so it will have problem with booting without ECC ram, so after the first installation stage, reboot again with USB flash drive, then following the same procedure as installation until reaching the installation screen again, then using the Terminal to remove the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, and use the Disk Utility to repair permission and restart to continue the next step of installation.

For the POST installation, i am using the KEXTs from the following link for Ethernet. (Just only an Ethernet)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...1650v3-gtx-980-ti-osx-10-11-1-el-capitan.html

ALC1150 - Not working yet, fund the port list, but no sound.
USB2.0/3.0 - working, but just only at 2.0 speed (not find out yet, but it is ok since it all working)

My KEXTs
- FakeSMC.kext
- AppleIntelE1000e,kext
- AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext from Mavericks
- FakePCIID.kext
- FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
- VoodooTSCSync.kext (with proper edited for my 16 cores)

hope this help!
good luck ;)

Attached, some of benchmark i got.

Attachments

• SCR_ 2559-02-04 at 4.53.44 PM.png
    SCR_ 2559-02-04 at 4.53.44 PM.png
    399.5 KB · Views: 131
  • SCR_ 2559-02-01 at 1.17.37 PM copy.png
    SCR_ 2559-02-01 at 1.17.37 PM copy.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Screen Shot 2559-01-27 at 4.18.47 PM copy.png
    Screen Shot 2559-01-27 at 4.18.47 PM copy.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 159
  • SCR_ 2559-01-31 at 4.31.39 PM copy.png
    SCR_ 2559-01-31 at 4.31.39 PM copy.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 120
Oh, i forgot to tell... after installation done, i using Clover for bootloader instead because it allows me to boot from the SM950 NVMe SSD.

but, the Clover will not boot due to an error with memory allocation error, so i found the following link that can make the Clover boot my ASRock X99 Extreme4.

https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackin...relocblock-can-not-allocate-relocation-block/

get the Test2.efi and put it to /EFI/Clover/driver64UEFI

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back