CPU
Intel Core i5-8400
Graphics
XFX Radeon RX 570 RS XXX Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, newbie here, thank you for helping a girl out.
Catalina installation was fine, however when I boot to my hard drive, it would stop at the clover window. I have to manually select the Boot macOS from Catalina to continue. How do I set it to boot automatically?

IMG_7598.JPG
IMG_4918.JPG

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 42
is there anything else I should try??

is there anything else I should try??

Hi there.

The advice given so far is correct however you also need to check the "Default Boot Volume" drop-down just above the time setting. Take another look at the Clover Configurator graphic in post #2 by @Ploddles . You need to ensure your boot drive is showing in there, or LastBootedVolume.

Out of interest here's what the same section looks like as raw text in an editor:

Boot.png

:)

Hi there.

The advice given so far is correct however you also need to check the "Default Boot Volume" drop-down just above the time setting. Take another look at the Clover Configurator graphic in post #2 by @Ploddles . You need to ensure your boot drive is showing in there, or LastBootedVolume.

Out of interest here's what the same section looks like as raw text in an editor:

View attachment 458951

:)

MacHDD was originally selected under Default Boot Volume. I changed it to LastBootedVolume, still didn't work. :( it's so frustrating.

It's booting from the correct drive, but I have to select "boot macOS from Catalina" at the clover window every time.

It's booting from the correct drive, but I have to select "boot macOS from Catalina" at the clover window every time.

Okay, there is a slight anomaly in your Clover menu. Boot macOS from Catalina should appear in the middle, before the Recovery option. Worth checking ...

Last edited:
It's working now!! I think changing the default boot volume worked! Thank you guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back