Graphics
ASUS Strix OC GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey everyone,

I've been trying to install OS X El Capitan for the past two days but no matter what I try, it's just not loading up the installer.

I currently run Yosemite 10.10.5 with Clover. I prepared the Unibeast drive as suggested by Tony but I cannot boot into the installer. I tried trial and error using one or a combination of flags below

CPUS=1
NPCI=0x2000
NeverHibernate=True
KEXT-DEV-MODE=1
GraphicsEnabler=No
rootless=0
-V -X -S
PCIRootUID=1

Verbose mode doesn't seem to throw any error. The usb gets past that and hangs at the apple logo. I haven't tried upgrading directly from Yosemite as I don't want to break the build. Instead I wanted to do a fresh install using unibeast on my other Hard drive.

My System config is:

ASUS P8H77 M Pro motherboard UEFI
Core i7 3770K
GTX 660Ti
8GB Corsair Vengeance
Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse.

My BIOS settings are:

SATA MODE = AHCI
I don't have a Vt-D option to disable
Secure boot set to other OS.

P.S I haven't copied the 10.10 kexts from my HARD DRIVE clover folder to UNIBEAST folder as it seems to have already copied the necessary kexts into /L/E in the UNIBEAST drive.

Can someone please suggest me whats the issue is? I'm not a noob but I can't seem to find a solution this time around.

SIP is partially enabled by the unibeast installer. I even tried disabling the entire SIP but still hangs at the exact same place. One thing I noticed is i cannot boot using -X flag. I will attach screenshots of all the outcomes to this thread. Please help me get past this. :banghead:

Regards,
Raj :)

Attachments

• using nv_disable.jpg
    using nv_disable.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 163
  • all other cases.png
    all other cases.png
    252.3 KB · Views: 113
I see a USB error toward the end "unable to take control from BIOS".

In your BIOS, you want settings like this (these are from a Gigabyte but I expect you have similar ones):

• XHCI Mode: Smart Auto
  • XHCI Hand-off: Enabled
  • EHCI Hand-off: Enabled

See if that helps.

"Prohibited" or "Stop" sign when booting Clover/El Capitan Installer

Having a similar problem. I can load fine into 10.9 with Chimera

However when trying to boot el cap with the unibeast usb, have the "prohibited" sign and garbled text when loading verbose mode (just the "prohibited" sign by itself when not in verbose). Similar to the picture uploaded by RajRicardo.

If I leave the system alone, the text will keep moving up a row (it looks like the system will keep drawing a blank row every 5-10 minutes or so).

Is this a problem with Kepler cards?

I've tried NV_Disable=1, cpus=1, safe mode, etc.

Currently using a gigabyte z87x-ud3h with bios f10b, i7-4770k, and a GTX 650TI BOOST.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    656.9 KB · Views: 157
Thanks Ammulder, but already tried. I've tried unplugging everything except the monitor, ethernet, keyboard, and usb thumbdrive. Still stops at the "prohibited" symbol and garbled text.

thanks ammulder, already tried though

Things I've tried (also posted this in the "big list of solutions" thread):

I'm running the following successfully in 10.9 using Chimera:
i7-4770k
Gigabyte z87x-ud3h
NVidia GTX 650TI BOOST
16GB RAM (2x8GB)
Seiki 39" 4k TV (used as a monitor, but only has HDMI inputs)

I've tried multiple combinations of the following boot flags:
safe mode
npci=0x2000
rootless=0
cpus=1
nv_disable=1
disabled or enabled the intel gfx injector (with IGFX enabled or disabled in BIOS)
disabled or enabled the nvidia injector
etc

I've tried installing and customizing the Clover EFI partition on the USB stick (changes to config.plist, kexts, etc), but no luck (I've since wiped the USB and started over with a clean version of the Unibeast 6 install).

I've tried booting with everything unplugged except: keyboard, USB thumbdrive (with the Unibeast installer/clover on it), ethernet, and monitor. I've tried booting with all of my peripherals connected. No change.

thanks ammulder, already tried though

Things I've tried (also posted this in the "big list of solutions" thread):

I'm running the following successfully in 10.9 using Chimera:
i7-4770k
Gigabyte z87x-ud3h
NVidia GTX 650TI BOOST
16GB RAM (2x8GB)
Seiki 39" 4k TV (used as a monitor, but only has HDMI inputs)

I've tried multiple combinations of the following boot flags:
safe mode
npci=0x2000
rootless=0
cpus=1
nv_disable=1
disabled or enabled the intel gfx injector (with IGFX enabled or disabled in BIOS)
disabled or enabled the nvidia injector
etc

I've tried installing and customizing the Clover EFI partition on the USB stick (changes to config.plist, kexts, etc), but no luck (I've since wiped the USB and started over with a clean version of the Unibeast 6 install).

I've tried booting with everything unplugged except: keyboard, USB thumbdrive (with the Unibeast installer/clover on it), ethernet, and monitor. I've tried booting with all of my peripherals connected. No change.

What actually worked for me is to install through Clover and setting the OSX version to 10.10.11 instead of the standard 10.10.10...

Don't know why, but that worked fine...

RajRicardo, I see that you have a similar problem. Basically the last row of your screen says "Still waiting on root device". It's hard to see because of the garbled text.

If you read the verbose text before the screen gets garbled, you'll probably see an error about "ports limit reached" and that Clover isn't loading your remaining USB ports. Will let you know if I ever fix my issue. maybe it will work for you too.

P.S. I tried the version change in the Clover options: 10.11 or 10.10.11 - neither made a difference for me :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back