Contribute
Register

Cannot boot into Yosemite using Clover on Asrock X99 and Haswell-E i7-5820K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was unable to boot to desktop with the GTX980 installed and nv_disable did not work. Only thing that did work was removing the 980, installing the 740, boot, install drivers, reboot, select nVidia drivers in the pref pane, shut down, swap the 740 for the 980 and boot. Then it would boot to desktop. Total PITA and the view was not worth the climb IMHO.

I don't have an alternate video cards to try. So, I just have to figure this out.

I did the installation on an older Haswell setup I had. This is suggested on another site for X99 installations.

So, I will try your suggestion. I did see some message about a problem with USB.

Switching USB 3.0 off in BIOS does not help.

The reboot seems to happen right after the screen shows "power management cannot be done".

Does that provide any clue?

You don't need to use NullCPUPowermanagement with Clover.

Switching USB 3.0 off in BIOS does not help.

The reboot seems to happen right after the screen shows "power management cannot be done".

Does that provide any clue?

What happens if you add cpus=1 to your boot-args?

-v npci=0x2000 cpus=1 nv_disable=1

You don't need to use NullCPUPowermanagement with Clover.
You do if you expect decent performance out of X99. I'm assuming you are running a X99 board.

I don't have any alternative video cards to try. So, I just have to figure this out.

I did face the same problem as you do, the only way I know is installing a natively supported video card to boot into system, then install nvidia web driver.

I did face the same problem as you do, the only way I know is installing a natively supported video card to boot into system, then install nvidia web driver.

What are the natively supported video chips. I may be able to get a cheap one temporarily. My problem is that I need a DP port to get 2K resolution out of my 2K monitor. But I can temporarily use HDMI port.

What are the natively supported video chips. I may be able to get a cheap one temporarily. My problem is that I need a DP port to get 2K resolution out of my 2K monitor. But I can temporarily use HDMI port.

A graphic card older than maxwell can do the job, like the GTX 650, and you may want to keep it, because after every system update, you need that card to boot into the system and install a new version of nvidia web driver. When the driver is installed, you can switch the graphic card and use the DP port.

A graphic card older than maxwell can do the job, like the GTX 650, and you may want to keep it, because after every system update, you need that card to boot into the system and install a new version of nvidia web driver. When the driver is installed, you can switch the graphic card and use the DP port.

I connected the SSD to my Ultrabook and installed NVidia Web Driver. Now the system comes up with both MapPro5,1 and iMac14,2.

But boot still fails if I overclock. Any ideas why?

I connected the SSD to my Ultrabook and installed NVidia Web Driver. Now the system comes up with both MapPro5,1 and iMac14,2.

But boot still fails if I overclock. Any ideas why?

Maybe you overclock it too much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back