Contribute
Register

Cannot boot into Yosemite using Clover on Asrock X99 and Haswell-E i7-5820K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you overclock it too much...

I used BIOS provided standard overclock by enabling just one switch in BIOS. It overclocks the processor from 3.3 to 4ghz and RAM to 2800mhz which is the RAM's rated speed.

It has been working in Windows 10 for multiple weeks.

I used BIOS provided standard overclock by enabling just one switch in BIOS. It overclocks the processor from 3.3 to 4ghz and RAM to 2800mhz which is the RAM's rated speed.

It has been working in Windows 10 for multiple weeks.

That's new to me... I'm running my 5820k at 4.4g without any problem, hope someone else can help you.

EDIT: I just realized this thread was for Yosemite.

I have a similar system to yours.

Motherboard: Asrock X99M Extreme4 BIOS Version 1.90
CPU: Intel 5820k
RAM: 4 x 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM
GPU: GeForce GTX 960 2GB video card

In the BIOS, I used the default settings and set the CPU frequency to 4GHz and use the XMP Profile.

I could not get the installation to run off my machine. Instead, I used my MacBook to install Mac 10.11.1 onto my desktop SSD using an external enclosure. Then I installed the Nvidia graphics driver for 10.11.1 http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/93555/en-us . Since my MacBook doesn't have a Nvidia GPU, I had to modify the installer and then install the drivers on my MacBook.

Code:
pkgutil --expand WebDriver-346.03.03f02.pkg WebDriver
edit the Distribution file and change the line to
Code:
if (!validateSoftware()) return true;
Code:
pkgutil --flatten WebDriver WebDriver-346.03.03f02_mod.pkg

Install Clover v 2.3k r3320.

In EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11, I have AppleIntelE1000e.kext, FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, and VoodooTSCSync.kext.

In EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI, I have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, FSInject-64.efi, HFSPlus.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

I attached the config.plist that I used. The boot string that I use is
Code:
npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 nvda_drv=1
. Then, the installed 10.11.1 was able to boot from my machine but USB is very unstable with sometimes the USB not working and lots of warning messages in the kernel log.
I needed to rename EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02 in the DSDT following this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html .

There are still some issues though. In the last few days, I had two random crashes which I am not sure is due to. I also cannot get the computer to wake from sleep. If the machine goes to sleep, it seems like the machine wakes up but nothing appears on the monitor. I am currently setting the computer to never sleep.

I hope my steps help to get it working on your machine.

I would appreciate it if you could help me with booting the installer from the machine and the sleep/wake issues.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 148
This helped me so much thank you.
I'm currently working on getting some of the on-board audio to work but I have no direction other than dsdt edit for the sleep. I dont think installing on the machine with a none native gpu is going to be possible. I tried a couple different gpus and none were native and none worked. Unless you made the drivers apart of the boot from the usb if thats even possible. Probably just a poor chipset for this os.

Cheesybiscuitman,

I've found three ways to get audio to work on my ASRock X99 board:

1. By installing VoodooHDA via MultiBeast.
2. Over the DisplayPort output from my GTX960 (HDMI output should do the same).
3. Via a USB audio device (I have an MBox, but there are many other options).

Toldea also has some fixes, but I've found the three option above to be the easiest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back