NVIDIA Quadro FX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

Thank you for great support on this platform! I would appreciate some help for the following case.

I am building my first hackintosh (installing Yosemite) desktop with the following hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500 Quad-Core Processor 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache with 95 watt TDP, Dual-channel DDR3 memory support, socket LGA1155.
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX Intel Motherboard LGA 1155 Z68 SATA 6 Gb/s and USB 3.0 ATX Intel Z68 ATX DDR3 2200. It has UEFI BIOS - GUI BIOS with Mouse & 2.2TB+ HDD Support
For detailed specs: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z68V_LX/specifications/
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B
HDD: WD 750GB. No problems concerning the HDD.
Audio: Using the onboard one, which is Realtek ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC GPU: NVIDIA Quadro FX 570 256 MB

I used the latest version of UniBeast for the installation. The installation went fine, except, understandably, I had no Audio device found. I attached the screenshots I obtained right after installation, when I booted from the USB.
1.png2.png3.png4.png

At this stage, I have 3 issues:

1. I do not know if I choose the Legacy or the Current codec in Multibeast for Audio ALC887. None of them seemed to work so far. (This is not the most urgent thing for me right now)
2. The colors and the resolution is very poor. I think the highest option I got is 1024x1080 under displays. How could this be fixed? Do you recommend switching to the onboard graphics card, which is Intel HD 5000.
3. My keyboard (which is an old Dell) seems to work, but sometimes the OS prompts me to define it and says `it will be unusable otherwise'. I close that window and keep using the keyboard. However, I am planning to buy one of these new small keyboards by Apple once the issues listed here are reliably resolved.

Then I went on to do post-install installation using the latest version of MultiBeast for Yosemite with the NO DSDT option. I choose to boot verbose and saw that the post-installation procedure immediately caused a kernel panic due to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and the system froze at `system up time: 12345678 nanoseconds'.

4. As far as I understood from the posts here, this is a common problem due to the difference between Gigabit and Asus when it comes to power management. I was able to fix it with one configuration (after around 12 clean installs of Yosemite) where I used the NULL Power management option without choosing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement update/patch 10.9. Somewhere it said that the patch for 10.9 also works for 10.10 but it did not do it for me. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement update/patch 10.9 led to kernel panic again, this time not immediate at the startup though. But the panic reason was the same as before. None of the choices seemed to fix the first 3 issues other.

I prefer to have native power management. What would be a good way to fix this? I would be grateful if somebody could tell me what options to choose in MultiBeast for handling the above listed 4 issues. By the way, A DSDT for my motherboard is not present in the DSDT database here, and I am not sure I can create my own DSDT (if needed at all) without some help from the community.

Thank you very much!
Dino

I have the same, almost the same problem. mine its a gygaboard. installed ok but no audio.. after using multi beast ether with or without dsdt . or just chimera. computer freeze on apple log. and no kernel panic or other alert, just stays there apple log and the progress bar with no movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back