Contribute
Register

Cannot ascend past IOBluetoothHCIController when booting OS X after Unibeast Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X750JB
CPU
Intel Core i7 4700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600 + GeForce 740m
Hey guys, for my attempt to install OS X Yosemite on my ASUS laptop, I've basically used the following tools and steps:

Used Unibeast 5.0.2 to create a bootable USB (Sandisk Cruzer Glide 16GB) on my Mac running OS X 10.9.3 w/ Legacy USB support and Laptop support and replaced the kernel file in S/L/Kernels to boot with a Haswell CPU.

Disabled Intel VT-d, AHCI'd my SATAs, Legacy USB Support=Enabled, XHCI Pre-Boot Mode=Disabled, Launch CSM=Enabled, Fastboot and PXE opROM are both disabled.

The bios is American Megatrends 208 and is UEFI, but for some reason only booted the non-UEFI USB instead of the UEFI version. The bios loaded up both non-UEFI and UEFI versions of the USB for some reason, and the UEFI USB didn't even load when I used boot override on it, the screen just flashed :/

The install through non-UEFI ran smoothly after using the boot flag: USBBusFix=Yes (to address: Still Waiting for Root Device). And I properly partitioned the HDD for OS X.

After the install finished, I used my past experience to ditch trying to boot up the HDD's partition through the USB (since for some reason Unibeast's boot loader (Chimera?) does't like to read ASUS HDDs) and instead install Clover on a different stick, formatted to GUID and Extended, with Clover r.3065 selecting: Install for UEFI booting only, Themes, Drivers64UEFI and Install Clover in the ESP (even though I see Clover's files in the root of the USB).

After that, I go back on the bios to set the DVMT Pre-Allocated from 512M to 64M (which is under Graphics configuration, also due to past experience) and booted to the UEFI version of the USB stick with Clover, which saw my OS X partition, I also made sure to remember to replace the kernel in the actual system.

Thinking that I was finally almost done, I booted the HDD without using any boot flags, only to get stuck on: **** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

Again, with my previous knowledge, I realize that this is an issue regarding graphics handling. I don't need to play around with the dart flag since I have access to VT-d in bios. I've tried -x, -f, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, nv_disable=1 and npci=0x2000 in various combos but to no luck. The only things I haven't tried are creating my own smbios, deleting the graphics kexts in S/L/E through -s and the IntelAzulFB boot flag.

If anybody needs any pictures, I will be happy to send as much as you need. I am open to suggestions on how to get past this issue.

Hey guys, for my attempt to install OS X Yosemite on my ASUS laptop, I've basically used the following tools and steps:

Used Unibeast 5.0.2 to create a bootable USB (Sandisk Cruzer Glide 16GB) on my Mac running OS X 10.9.3 w/ Legacy USB support and Laptop support and replaced the kernel file in S/L/Kernels to boot with a Haswell CPU.

Disabled Intel VT-d, AHCI'd my SATAs, Legacy USB Support=Enabled, XHCI Pre-Boot Mode=Disabled, Launch CSM=Enabled, Fastboot and PXE opROM are both disabled.

The bios is American Megatrends 208 and is UEFI, but for some reason only booted the non-UEFI USB instead of the UEFI version. The bios loaded up both non-UEFI and UEFI versions of the USB for some reason, and the UEFI USB didn't even load when I used boot override on it, the screen just flashed :/

The install through non-UEFI ran smoothly after using the boot flag: USBBusFix=Yes (to address: Still Waiting for Root Device). And I properly partitioned the HDD for OS X.

After the install finished, I used my past experience to ditch trying to boot up the HDD's partition through the USB (since for some reason Unibeast's boot loader (Chimera?) does't like to read ASUS HDDs) and instead install Clover on a different stick, formatted to GUID and Extended, with Clover r.3065 selecting: Install for UEFI booting only, Themes, Drivers64UEFI and Install Clover in the ESP (even though I see Clover's files in the root of the USB).

After that, I go back on the bios to set the DVMT Pre-Allocated from 512M to 64M (which is under Graphics configuration, also due to past experience) and booted to the UEFI version of the USB stick with Clover, which saw my OS X partition, I also made sure to remember to replace the kernel in the actual system.

Thinking that I was finally almost done, I booted the HDD without using any boot flags, only to get stuck on: **** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

Again, with my previous knowledge, I realize that this is an issue regarding graphics handling. I don't need to play around with the dart flag since I have access to VT-d in bios. I've tried -x, -f, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, nv_disable=1 and npci=0x2000 in various combos but to no luck. The only things I haven't tried are creating my own smbios, deleting the graphics kexts in S/L/E through -s and the IntelAzulFB boot flag.

If anybody needs any pictures, I will be happy to send as much as you need. I am open to suggestions on how to get past this issue.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Thanks, I'll give your tutorial a shot and follow up on how it goes.

Worked like a charm, thanks! The only questions I have is, can I update without having to worry about any essential kexts being overwritten?

Worked like a charm, thanks! The only questions I have is, can I update without having to worry about any essential kexts being overwritten?

Kexts which are not part of the OS X distribution will never be overwritten. Most patches to system kexts can be done with config.plist so they are not affected by updates. It is one of the major advantages of Clover.

Patches such as the OpenCL compiler dylib patch (which you'll need) need to be done on disk and therefore are affected by updates (and need to be re-applied).

Hi -

Merry Christmas! I'm having the same Bluetooth problem as you, only mine is on a desktop. Howd you fix this? Thanks!

Hi -

Merry Christmas! I'm having the same Bluetooth problem as you, only mine is on a desktop. Howd you fix this? Thanks!

Please post desktop questions in the appropriate desktop forum. This forum is only for Yosemite on laptops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back