Contribute
Register

Can you guys in the know please take a quick look at my specs and tell me if I'm right in thinking I should use High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K
Graphics
NVIDIA TITAN XP
Hi guys, heres my rig

i7 8700K
ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming MOBO
Nvidia Titan XP 12GB GPU
16GB DDR4 RAM
Various SSD and Old Skool hard drives

Not sure if theres anything important I missed, but as far as I'm aware, because my GFX card uses Pascal (I think?) I should be using High Sierra as opposed to anything newer? Is there anything else I'm overlooking?

Also should I be concerned about any BIOS settings I have to change to accommodate the hackintosh setup that may interfere with my Windows setup? (as I would like to dual boot as will be using Windows prob 90% of the time)

Anything to note or any help at all massively appreciated, this site is awesome

Thanks

edit: please note I don't care about being able to run games etc on it, just want to be able to run Logic Audio and monitor to be able to output 3440x1440

Last edited:
Hi guys, heres my rig

i7 8700K
ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming MOBO
Nvidia Titan XP 12GB GPU
16GB DDR4 RAM
Various SSD and Old Skool hard drives

Not sure if theres anything important I missed, but as far as I'm aware, because my GFX card uses Pascal (I think?) I should be using High Sierra as opposed to anything newer? Is there anything else I'm overlooking?

Also should I be concerned about any BIOS settings I have to change to accommodate the hackintosh setup that may interfere with my Windows setup? (as I would like to dual boot as will be using Windows prob 90% of the time)

Anything to note or any help at all massively appreciated, this site is awesome

Thanks

edit: please note I don't care about being able to run games etc on it, just want to be able to run Logic Audio and monitor to be able to output 3440x1440

Hi there.

Yes.

The Nvidia Titan came in a few varieties and I believe the X models need Nvidia web-drivers.

That being said check your version of Logic Pro and any plug-ins are High Sierra compatible, and haven't been upgraded etc.

Otherwise the base PC is fine for a Hackintosh. As you are not a gamer perhaps consider swapping the Titan for an AMD RX card instead?

A tip to successful dual-booting is to install macOS first and set the BIOS according to our guides. That way when you install Windows - see our guides - it bends to accommodate the BIOS.

:)

It should work with the Web drivers and Lilu/WEG kexts installed. High Sierra is as far as you can go with that card.

Hi there.

Yes.

The Nvidia Titan came in a few varieties and I believe the X models need Nvidia web-drivers.

That being said check your version of Logic Pro and any plug-ins are High Sierra compatible, and haven't been upgraded etc.

Otherwise the base PC is fine for a Hackintosh. As you are not a gamer perhaps consider swapping the Titan for an AMD RX card instead?

A tip to successful dual-booting is to install macOS first and set the BIOS according to our guides. That way when you install Windows - see our guides - it bends to accommodate the BIOS.

:)
Thanks for the tips dude, so its far more beneficial to install Windows second? Didn't know that, cheers

Ah nah I am a gamer, that's why I want to keep Windows as my primary, just want OSX for music production! :)

It should work with the Web drivers and Lilu/WEG kexts installed. High Sierra is as far as you can go with that card.

Cheers mate

can you share your oc efi.does it sleep normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back