Contribute
Register

Can t reach Clover installer USB (boot1 error)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-P55a-UD3 V2 F11
CPU
i5-760
Graphics
Nvidia gt430
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, i have a partitioned ssd running 10.8 + chimera.
I m trying to install El capitan + Unibeast(Clover) following the guide.
My USB use Master Boot Record (MBR) (i tried guid with no luck) and Legacy Mode.
When i choose usb to boot from i get "boot1 /boot 5".
I tried different usb2 ports, tried this post's solution but i got access denied at the end and the recommended settings for X58 install. Didn't work.
Is it chimera that creates the problem? Do i have to change to clover first?
I tried a test usb for clover also and it didn't get me anywhere.

Thank you in advance.
Johnny

It s been a week now, that i m searching solutions.
I ve read a lot.
Shall i disconnect the ssd that includes chimera and try install in a new ssd?

Try using Clover Configurator to add the InjectKexts option to your USB installer stick. Also make sure your DSDT is in /EFI/CLOVER/acpi/patched

I also set ncpi=0x2000 and dart=0

That got me to the installer, on a similar motherboard. Sorry if it doesn't work for you.

Do you not even get to the Clover boot menu when booting from the USB stick?

I would say if you get the boot1/boot5 message, that clover is trying to start up but failing. Could be an invalid config.plist, or a failure to read one of the drives it can see. Remove your SSD and boot with the USB drive as the only physically connected drive.

If you have edited your config.plist, or anything else in the EFI partition of the USB, review your changes and make sure they are valid.

Try recreating the USB from scratch if unsure.

Can't think of anything else.

I cannot enter the clover screen at all.
I did disable all discs but nothing changed.Tried every USB port, too.
So there is a problem either I'n my two usb sticks (one with el capitan installation and one with clover test) or at the Bios settings.
The second option isn t very realistic, or else Mountain Lion wouldn't boot.Right?
My next attempts would be to rebuild the usbs or change things in config.plist again? I think that i tried everything there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back