Graphics
MSI RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I had a working hackintosh for about a year until Christmas 2018, when I decided to put a new MSI Radeon RX 560 graphics card in my build. Before I installed the new card, I made a backup of my disc with CCC. I just got around to working on the hackintosh again, and I installed MacOS High Sierra, but it would only boot in safe mode. I then booted off of the CCC Backup I made in December, and had it set to make a clone of the backup on the main disc. It successfully did that but alias, it still will only boot in safe mode. I'm guessing a graphics issue, but I've tried messing with the "GraphicsEnabler boot args", deselecting inject ATI, LoadVBIOS, EDID, you name it. The last time I checked (recently) AMD Drivers are built into MacOS and no other drivers are needed, it should be plug and play. How do I fix it?? Thank you so much.

Hi,
I had a working hackintosh for about a year until Christmas 2018, when I decided to put a new MSI Radeon RX 560 graphics card in my build. Before I installed the new card, I made a backup of my disc with CCC. I just got around to working on the hackintosh again, and I installed MacOS High Sierra, but it would only boot in safe mode. I then booted off of the CCC Backup I made in December, and had it set to make a clone of the backup on the main disc. It successfully did that but alias, it still will only boot in safe mode. I'm guessing a graphics issue, but I've tried messing with the "GraphicsEnabler boot args", deselecting inject ATI, LoadVBIOS, EDID, you name it. The last time I checked (recently) AMD Drivers are built into MacOS and no other drivers are needed, it should be plug and play. How do I fix it?? Thank you so much.

Hello there.

No, you shouldn't need those 'GraphicsEnabler' 'Inject ATI' or 'LoadVBIOS' edits.

You haven't stated what GPU you used prior to the AMD GPU, so I'll just give general info.

For an RX560 you can install the Lilu/Whatevergreen kext pair in Library/Extensions using the Kextbeast app. With these in place you should be able to boot to desktop successfully.

There is another, simpler method, which involves changing a flag in your config.plist, (RadeonDeInit=true) but you can't mount your EFI partition from Safe Mode.

It boots, but I see the cursor on a black screen. Then, the cursor goes to the beach ball, then disappears. Its been on the black screen for 10 minutes and nothings changed. Still the same black screen on all 3 monitors.

Thank you! I put my old Radeon HD 6570 card in the hack and it booted up just fine! Went to clover and changed RadeonDeInit=true. Saved and shut down, swapped to the rx560 and it boots. One problem though, it boots fine with one monitor attached, but when I add 1 or 2 more, the screen goes black.

Also the audio isn’t working. I have a dell optiplex 7010 with a alc269 audio codec.

Also the audio isn’t working. I have a dell optiplex 7010 with a alc269 audio codec.
Probably due to outdated AppleALC and Lilu kexts in /L/E. If you followed the first revision of my 7010 guide I'd suggest you implement the newer Rev. II (completed in January '19) I've made some major changes to it. You'll need a clean install of HS or Mojave. The techniques used are completely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back