Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Can not boot without USB - Working fine when usb is plugged in

Status
Not open for further replies.
which Contents/MacOS ??
Please forgive my ignorence .. Application/any application / Show Package Content .. Now I realize that this would not contain .kext files .
So , please ignore my previous post ..
problem remains ..what should I could do now ?

Please forgive my ignorence .. Application/any application / Show Package Content .. Now I realize that this would not contain .kext files .
So , please ignore my previous post ..
problem remains ..what should I could do now ?
correct, most applications would not have or need a kext inside them

working usb efi untouched (ie do not mess around with it!!), place in main efi on your macos drive, remove all other drives

correct, most applications would not have or need a kext inside them

working usb efi untouched (ie do not mess around with it!!), place in main efi on your macos drive, remove all other drives
okay ..what should I do now ?
a fresh installation ?
should I do post installation GenSMBIOS operation on USB/EFI or on boot drive 's EFI ?

no disk1s1 if I run MountEFI
no disk1s1.png

I was trying to partition the SSD into 2 parts - one as boot drive (GUID & APFS ) and 2nd one as data drive (ExFAT). Also, latter I intend to plug in a secondary data (ExFAT) drive to store data only.
I think I am making mistake at partitioning .
Please guide me :banghead::banghead::rolleyes:

no disk1s1 if I run MountEFIView attachment 540028
I was trying to partition the SSD into 2 parts - one as boot drive (GUID & APFS ) and 2nd one as data drive (ExFAT). Also, latter I intend to plug in a secondary data (ExFAT) drive to store data only.
I think I am making mistake at partitioning .
Please guide me :banghead::banghead::rolleyes:
unplug all other hard drives

clean install of macOS on one guid partition, just have the one partition

then copy over EFI from usb to hard drive and boot

unplug all other hard drives

clean install of macOS on one guid partition, just have the one partition

then copy over EFI from usb to hard drive and boot
Yes , after my previous post I have done exactly that but no luck.
Obviously BIOS is not seeing boot drive in boot option.
Last time and also my 1st time of successful installation of open core macOS sig Sur , I had this exact problem then I got through by changing a boolean value in config plist which is not suggested . But in my case that particular opposite value change works.

If I had done anything else along with that I could not remember as I might not be fully aware of .

Only Clover Configurator is giving me destination EFI / disk1s1 not MountEFI so I used that to place EFI from USB to disk1s1 after my 2nd fresh installation without any partition.

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 3.29.00 AM.png

Yes , after my previous post I have done exactly that but no luck.
Obviously BIOS is not seeing boot drive in boot option.
Last time and also my 1st time of successful installation of open core macOS sig Sur , I had this exact problem then I got through by changing a boolean value in config plist which is not suggested . But in my case that particular opposite value change works.

If I had done anything else along with that I could not remember as I might not be fully aware of .

Only Clover Configurator is giving me destination EFI / disk1s1 not MountEFI so I used that to place EFI from USB to disk1s1 after my 2nd fresh installation without any partition.

View attachment 540033
boot with your installer, get to recovery, open diskutility, click on view and choose to show all devices

highlight the actual drive in the left hand side and then click erase and erase entire drive

highlight the actual drive in the left hand side and then click erase and erase entire drive
May need to "show all devices" first.

There is one critical step to remember when formatting your USB or other drives in Disk Utility. Always click View and then Show All Devices instead of leaving it at "Show Only Volumes"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back