Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H410H M
CPU
i3-10100
Graphics
UHD 630
After old hakintosh ssd broke , I have installed into a new SSD using old opencore hakintosh big sur usb but I am not able boot without usb plugged in .With usb plugged in , everything is working fine .
As expected in this situation , my Gigabyte H410 M is not showing boot drive in boot option but I could see in Sata option.
I have taken a few images for your kind perusal and I am posting them.

CSM , Software Guard , Super IO , SecureBoot => disabled
tried by changing from iMac20,1 to iMac19,1 in config.plist by GenSMBIOS-master then applied ProperTree { oc snapshoot, oc clean and save }
but problem did not solved . I am posting the config plist file in pdf format for your kind perusal .
Please , help me out here . .
Please , help.
About This Mac.png
Disk  Utility Image.png
EFI Driver.png
EFI OC.png
Opencore Boot Drive Not Show up.jpeg
Boot.jpeg

Attachments

• config dot plist in pdf.pdf
    206.9 KB · Views: 113
It would be best if you read this post regarding the hidden EFI partitions on both the USB and SSD.

Thanks for this very wise explanation .Meantime , I did a fresh installation of opecore macOS sig sur & problem remains .
I could boot into OpenCore macOS Big Sur only if I plugged in usb stick and everything works then otherwise Gigabyte BIOS is not even showing boot drive in Boot Option.

I am a noob . So , please could anyone guide me here . thanks

I could boot into OpenCore macOS Big Sur only if I plugged in usb stick and everything works then otherwise Gigabyte BIOS is not even showing boot drive in Boot Option.
Try and copy the EFI folder from the USB installer to the EFI partition of your SSD. After that you should be able to boot without the USB stick.

Thanks for this very wise explanation .Meantime , I did a fresh installation of opecore macOS sig sur & problem remains .

I am a noob . So , please could anyone guide me here . thanks

Well you might be a 'noob' but you've been a member for nearly a year. :thumbup:

We can't help with a config.plist saved as a PDF. It needs to be the original plist file itself.

The reason why your main drive will not boot could be down to a couple of possibilities:

1) The partition map of the destination drive is not set up correctly.

2) There is more than one EFI partition on the drives, confusing the bootstrap process.

CSM being enabled or disabled will just either show all bootable devices or only UEFI ones. Legacy boot drives often have a designation beginning with "P0*.* or similar.

Your DiskUtil screengrab shows a lot of separate partition volumes on the main SSD. How have these been set up? run "diskutil list" from within Terminal and post the result.

The link @trs96 gives a great overview of how things should be set up for macOs to work correctly. And boot.

Try what he has just suggested and report back.

:)

Last edited:
Try and copy the EFI folder from the USB installer to the EFI partition of your SSD. After that you should be able to boot without the USB stick.
Done that using Mount EFI

Well you might be a 'noob' but you've been a member for nearly a year. :thumbup:

We can't help with a config.plist saved as a PDF. It needs to be the original plist file itself.

The reason why your main drive will not boot could be down to a couple of possibilities:

1) The partition map of the destination drive is not set up correctly.

2) There is more than one EFI partition on the drive, confusing the bootstrap process.

CSM being enabled or disabled will just either show all bootable devices or only UEFI ones. Legacy boot drives often have a designation beginning with "P0*.* or similar.

Your DiskUtil screengrab shows a lot of separate partition volumes on the main SSD. How have these been set up? run "diskutil list" from within Terminal and post the result.

The link @trs96 gives a great overview of how things should be set up for macOs to work correctly. And boot.

Try what he has just suggested and report back.

:)
Done that already , CSM disabled and problem remains .Last year , after initial jitter I was able to successfully install then I did not do anymore as not required. I am sharing original config.plist and disk util image soon .

I'd like to know what these three partions are for on your 1TB Windows disk ?

Screen_Shot_13.jpg

RanaMac,macVideoTwo,OS X and below 3 - > DataOne,DataTwo,DateThree are of a 1 TB HDD formatted in ExFAT .I am using that HDD with a Ubuntu boot drive and I was using with the broke ssd OpenCore macOS Big Sur . I store only files/data there no OS installed there.
ExFAT.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back