HD4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No idea what happened, but I tried installing the AppleALC kext from Multibeast and got an error. Before I could look at the log, I rebooted the machine, and now, when I choose my MacHD APFS drive from the Clover boot menu, my monitor goes blank and that's as far as I can get. Same thing happens if I try to boot into the recovery partition. No idea where to go from here.

Last edited:
IMG_0653.jpeg
IMG_0654.jpeg

Hi there.

While at the Clover boot menu - before the automatic boot kicks in - move the cursor/highlight down to the smaller icons on the second row underneath the main ones. Choose the Gears icon and then navigate down to System Parameters (I believe - sorry it's been a while since I used Clover). In there you can Block a kext from loading. Choose the AppleALC.kext that you think is stopping boot.

This should get you back in to your system so you can remove or change that driver. :thumbup:

Thanks.
I see the option for Block kext: _ , but when I typed AppleALC.kext and enter, nothing happens. Am I missing something?
IMG_0655.jpeg

Last edited:
I tried this again, and I can't boot to anything, not Recovery, Safe Mode, nothing. Is there any way to boot from a Mojave installer thumb drive, etc, and get access to one of the kext folders or Terminal, etc, and try and delete it that way?

The only other choice I see is to just wipe the OS drive and start all over again, which if I have to I will, but there must be some other way? I haven't touched Clover in about a year, so my experience is not great, to say the least.

Last edited:
I ended up re-installing Mojave and it's working a lot better. One issue though.

It seems my kext location for Fake SMC, Lilu etc, are in a different location than where Clover shows them, Clover shows the kexts in an EFI folder, but, If I go to /Library/Extensions, I see FakeSMC, Lilu, WhateverGreen etc. These kexts were installed by Multibeast after I installed Mojave. Do I need to move these kexts to the same folder as Clover shows them?

Last edited:
I ended up re-installing Mojave and it's working a lot better. One issue though.

It seems my kext location for Fake SMC, Lilu etc, are in a different location than where Clover shows them, Clover shows the kexts in an EFI folder, but, If I go to /Library/Extensions, I see FakeSMC, Lilu, WhateverGreen etc. These kexts were installed by Multibeast after I installed Mojave. Do I need to move these kexts to the same folder as Clover shows them?
you can remove the 3rd party kexts from /L/E and just keep them in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other folder

Back