Contribute
Register

Can anyone post detailed guide of installing Catalina on Lenovo YOGA C740

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some updates, sleep works better now however there is an issue with the touchscreen not working after one sleep-cycle. Some .aml and kext files are not needed, feel free to clean them out as you see fit.

Loading I2C kexts works better from S/L/E so on my Yoga this is where I put those two. Again, it might work differently elsewhere.

I also noticed the boot process is kinda slow, but no need to do that too often.

Attachments

• Yoga_C740_OCv0.6.3_EFI.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 157
This is the correct SSDT-RHUB.dsl for the C740, the ACPI path (XHC) was wrong in the previous one (XHC1). The one you can find at Dortania needs to be adopted to the ACPI path you can read out from the DSDT.

The UNIV respects three different possibilities, if in doubt pick that one. It deactivates RHUB in case it's in XHC, XHCI, or XHC1.

Attachments

• SSDT-RHUB.dsl
    768 bytes · Views: 59
  • SSDT-RHUB-UNIV.aml
    325 bytes · Views: 55
In case you're experiencing instant wake issues with the CNVW device with some USB device connected a USB-C port, you will need to completely take out GPRW method from the CNVW device:
Code:
Scope (_SB.PCI0)
    {
        Device (CNVW)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x00140003)  // _ADR: Address
            OperationRegion (CWAR, PCI_Config, Zero, 0x0100)
            Field (CWAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
            {
            Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
            {
                Return (GPRW (0x6D, 0x03))
            }
The regular approach would be to change 0x03 to "Zero", in this case however it doesn't help. YOu need to fully remove this method call:

Code:
/*
            Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
            {
                Return (GPRW (0x6D, 0x03))
            }
*/

So sleep should now work even if there are USB devices connected to the USB-C ports.

My EFI folder for macOS Catalina 10.15.14 for the SSD and USB key for ntb Yoga C740-14IML, CPU i5 10210U Comet Lake, RAM 8GB, SSD 512GB, Intel UHD 630.
Working: USB, Audio, touchpad with multitouch, pen, brightness LCD, backlight of keyboard, battery indicator, bluetooth Intel AX 201.
Not working: wifi Intel AX 201.

The condition for successfully booting of macOS is runnig of Clover bootloader only from One time boot dialog (fn. F12). If Clover is the first item on BIOS boot ordering, Clover runs, but maxOS boots very slowly or freezes during the boot time.

Hello again
MartinK have you any update about the booting without F12 and the wifi?
Finally for the connection of external monitor, I saw that if I have it connected I will have to close the lid and open it again to work both of them.

This is so far a very well working EFI. It may not be perfect, I think sleep is broken if there is a mess-up with USB.

Create your own serial number and you should be good to go.

I'll start with what's not working:
* Fingerprint reader
* External monitor connectors need to be configured
* Facetime throws an error

What's working:
* :shh:, well the rest...

Edd1024 I tried to install both Catallina and BigSur with your EFI but at the beginning of the process it says that this operation system is not for your platform. What I am missing??? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Edd1024 I tried to install both Catallina and BigSur with your EFI but at the beginning of the process it says that this operation system is not for your platform. What I am missing??? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
I have no idea, this is complicated stuff. Try resetting the NVRAM for starters.

I have no idea, this is complicated stuff. Try resetting the NVRAM for starters.
I tried again but same thing happened. To be sure for my movements, the procedure I followed was:
I create a Catalina installation media via terminal, I mount EFI partition and then I dragged and dropped the attachment EFI Folder. Do anything wrong?

I tried again but same thing happened. To be sure for my movements, the procedure I followed was:
I create a Catalina installation media via terminal, I mount EFI partition and then I dragged and dropped the attachment EFI Folder. Do anything wrong?
Probably. Look, all guides are basically identical before the Installation. So look into one you find detailed enough and swap the EFI with mine.

The only difference might be your BIOS settings so check there first if everything is as recommended. And then move step by step involving verbose mode when booting.

Probably. Look, all guides are basically identical before the Installation. So look into one you find detailed enough and swap the EFI with mine.

The only difference might be your BIOS settings so check there first if everything is as recommended. And then move step by step involving verbose mode when booting.
Which are your Bios settings? What I have to be change?

I use internal SSD for OS Win10, Linux Mint, macOS Catalina. I wrote about the condition for a successful booting of macOS (probably BIOS trouble). In attachment, there are my bios setting photos. You have to run Clover bootloader from: 1. internal (external) SSD or 2. USB Pen with installation files but only from 'One time boot dialog (fn. F12)' after reset or power on of PC. In Clover option setting you can set an option -v Verbose for detailed booting.
With OpenCore same thing. It must be some broken BIOS issue. Other than that it works actually excellent for me. I managed to update it to Big Sur and also external monitor is recognized but it's not stable, it turns black from time to time.

Which are your Bios settings? What I have to be change?
See post #42.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back