Contribute
Register

Can anyone post detailed guide of installing Catalina on Lenovo YOGA C740

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you try to change BIOS settings so both the Intel trust tech and secure boot to be disabled?

Yes, but I don't see why there would be a difference booting from the USB drive or SSD? This is really strange, I have no clue what might be different. I tried out three different SSD's, SK Hynix, WD and now the Samsung EVO (without a plus). It fires up, starts booting and then it slows down and never reaches the log-on screen.

So the furthest I managed to set it up is to boot up nicely when starting off the thumb drive. Same EFI on the SSD boots up basically does the same but stops at the black screen with the apple an the progress bar. The mouse moves fine, everything seems there but I can't see anything.

When you power on the laptop do you press F12 to choose start up disk?

So I managed to craft me an OpenCore v0.6.2 EFI and a config which works fine with Catalina 10.15.7. So far it installs fine, graphics is perfect but the rest is not set up yet (no sound, wifi, BT, trackpad and keyboard). Anyone interessted?

So I managed to craft me an OpenCore v0.6.2 EFI and a config which works fine with Catalina 10.15.7. So far it installs fine, graphics is perfect but the rest is not set up yet (no sound, wifi, BT, trackpad and keyboard). Anyone interessted?
Edd1024 thank you very much for configuration. It works with Big Sur. You copy FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext, FakePCIID.kext to appropriate folder and add kext to config.plist (FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext has not ExecutablePath) for sound. I am not yet successful with wifi, BT, trackpad and keyboard.

Which framebuffer platform-id did you pick?
I'm experiencing a strange issue where my thumb drive boots up perfectly but the same EFI stops right before the log-on screen.

This is so far a very well working EFI. It may not be perfect, I think sleep is broken if there is a mess-up with USB.

Create your own serial number and you should be good to go.

I'll start with what's not working:
* Fingerprint reader
* External monitor connectors need to be configured
* Facetime throws an error

What's working:
* :shh:, well the rest...

Attachments

• Yoga_C970_OC_EFI.zip
    14.9 MB · Views: 126
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back