Contribute
Register

Buying Guide, check list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

So i have had problems with hackintoshes in the past.. and went back to "pure breed macs" but now i need to upgrade once again and well.. i dont want to pay 6k for mac pro...

So these are the parts i tend to go with, i am up to any suggestions.

MB : Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare
CPU : Core i7-6700K
CPU : Cooler
RAM : Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (64GB)
GPU : Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti
Drives : Samsung SSD 850 EVO, 1 TB
2nd Drive : Seagate Barracuda 4TB BLACK
PSUs : Corsair RM 650x Watt

I am a videographer and Photographer and deal with 4k footage so i use Premier Pro, After Effects and Photoshop. I need really need to increase my render speeds and preview speeds especially in After effects and premier pro.

Also, does this build or any other suggested build work with "Air drop" and "Air play" ? Two functions I use alot in the studio.

Thanks in advance!

At this point, it's probably wise to wait for official support for Kaby Lake. (née i7-7700K)

Also, now that the Nvidia web drivers support Pascal video cards, you will probably get better performance from one of those.

Air Drop and AirPlay is possible. I have both working fine on my build.

Thanks for the reply, i am in no rush to complete the build so can wait for official kaby lake supoprt. Which video card do you reccomend?

Official Kay Lake support is supposed to arrive with the release of macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

Video card depends on what you intend to use it for.

Work alot with photo and video so a card that can speed up my video render workflow would be great.

Usually, if you use Final Cut Pro X, AMD cards are preferred. If you depend more on Adobe apps, Nvidia cards have the advantage due to Cuda.

As to which card among them, it will depend on your budget and needs... For example, if you render a lot in Premiere Pro, you'd probably want something like an Nvidia GTX 1080Ti.

I am a heavy Adobe user so Premier and After Effects.

I am willing to spend a bit more so i can build a hackintosh that can last me a few years with out needing to upgrade parts for while.

The GTX 1080Ti should work well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back